Artist: DJ SUWAMI
Composition/Arrangement: Keiichi Ueno
Length: 1:53 (beatmania IIDX), 1:38 (DanceDanceRevolution)
Movie: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 5th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- The DanceDanceRevolution series features a shorter cut of THE CUBE, shortening the middle section of the song.
- A long version of THE CUBE, titled THE CUBE (Original Long Mix), appears on Keiichi Ueno's first album, Rewind!.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Prior to LOVE B.B.B a decade later, THE CUBE was the only drum'n'bass song by Keiichi Ueno that he did not compose with Toshiaki Komiya.
- THE CUBE's Single ANOTHER chart has no scratches, being one of the very few beatmania IIDX charts on Single ANOTHER that does not.
- THE CUBE marks the last consecutive appearance of Keiichi Ueno from the beginning of beatmania IIDX, being the only artist who wrote new songs for every installment (even beatmania IIDX substream) up to that point. He would not appear again in beatmania IIDX for over 3 years.
- According to VJ GYO, THE CUBE was the very first song completed and put into beatmania IIDX 5th style.
- THE CUBE received a proper banner in DDRMAX -DanceDanceRevolution-.
Song Production Information
It's a fast-paced drum'n'bass song by Keiichi Ueno!
There are many delicious button sounds throughout the song, with focus on the piano, guitar, synth hits, and the entire solo synth in the song's second-half, which mainly had high-speed rhythms unique to the drum'n'bass genre.
In the ANOTHER chart, you only play the rhythms!
Please become a rhythm machine and aggressively hit the buttons.
It was the first song added to the cabinet during 5th production, so it was very memorable.
CS Information Data
"THE CUBE" by DJ SUWAMI is an excellent chill-out and jazzy drum'n'bass track - a perfect example of music for the future.
Video Production Information
Speaking of Ueno's DRUM'N'BASS, it's an unforgettable famous song in IIDX history.
In this movie, I started by associating the image formed by the song's title, "cube".
Then, the next image was born from the melody...
...When you're on the ground, the five senses "run" through various sensations within your body, but if you view it from a high area, they feel strangely unnatural, dry, and pale...
...As a whole, the urban landscape transforms each day as if it was "running", but the flow of the change varies from each place, and is not the same...
...And I tried adding the essence of the "city" on top of the video's image.
It was the first song recorded when 5th style production started, and it was the first movie I started making for the game (when I had enough time and energy).
I was very conscious about the goal to "expand the movie's range", but the concept work was bigger than the reality, causing aspects of the actual production to be unclear.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ from 5th through 7th style, 1 to 8 in IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards. beatmania (2006) difficulty rated from 1 to 10.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, and 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style→7th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||-||4||6||N/A||-||4||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||2||4||6||6||-||4||6||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED CS||2||4||6||7||-||4||6||8+||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||135 / 0||215 / 0||282 / 0||- / - / -||152 / 0||236 / 0||323 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|
|DDRMAX CS NA||-||4||6||7||-||4||6||7||-|