Artist: Brian Morris feat. Thomas
Composition/Arrangement: Kazuhiro Senoo
Lyrics/Vocals: Thomas Howard Lichtenstein
Guitar/Bass: Jimmy Weckl
VJ: ? (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: Dance Maniax 2ndMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Scatter! Conform! Connect! I must protect! Scatter! Conform! Connect! I must pro- Scatter! Conform! In the matrix Livin' life on the X and Y axes Don't pay no taxes just email and faxes On the grid I have no ego or id But it's primitive! I wanna live! Scatter! Conform! Connect! I must protect All those the system will reject! Insulation, instantaneous relation [Amplification] over creation No need for constant regulation Who's my father, my mother? Is the universe my brother? Did a search, but there was no other I can give you information, what you wanna know But you have to show a password Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD LASTWORD Or it's a LASTWORD LASTWORD You need to feel the rhythm You got a biorhythm I got an algorithm And it's my catechism I have no indecision I have no indecision indecision indecision indecision indecision I-I I-indecision-indecis-indecis-... On the network Looking hard for my next new connection I need protection from a viral infection I have a conscious desire to survive But does that mean I'm alive? Scatter! Conform! Assist! I must resist All those the system will enlist! Degradation brings a simulation A 3-D Animation This is the rise of a robot nation
- VIRTUAL MIND is a hidden song in beatmania IIDX 5th style. To play it, clear Dance Maniax crossover songs Broken My Heart, Kiss me all night long, and Mobo☆Moga on the same credit. VIRTUAL MIND will then be playable on EXTRA STAGE.
- VIRTUAL MIND crossing over marks Thomas Howard Lichtenstein and Jimmy Weckl's first appearances in the beatmania IIDX series.
- It also marks Kazuhiro Senoo's only appearance in beatmania IIDX.
- According to Thomas Howard Lichtenstein himself, VIRTUAL MIND's original name was The Matrix, and he wrote the lyrics to the song before the 1999 movie of the same name came out. It's because of said movie that KONAMI forced him to change the name of the song, since The Matrix was already well out by the time VIRTUAL MIND appeared in Dance Maniax .
- VIRTUAL MIND is used as the music of the intro movie in KONAMI's NBA 2Night 2002.
- VIRTUAL MIND was a hidden revival in beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD. It could be unlocked by obtaining 1440 DJ POINTS.
- It lost its overlays upon its revival.
- As of April 25th, 2007 (beat #1), it is playable by default.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 5th and 6th style, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
Dance Maniax difficulty rated from 1 to 9 in 2ndMIX onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style||-||3||6||N/A||-||3||5||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style||-||3||6||N/A||-||3||↑6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→15 DJ TROOPERS||-||3||↑7||10||-||↑5||↑8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||3||3||6||6||-||3||5||5||-|
|Dance Maniax 2ndMIX→2ndMIX append JPARADISE||5||7||5||7|