Composition/Arrangement/All Instruments & Programming: Asaki
BPM: 168 (GF/DM, jubeat), 70-168 (beatmania IIDX)
Genre: GOTHIC METAL
Movie: nono (GF/DM, beatmania IIDX), ? (GITADORA)
First Music Game Appearance: GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Agnus Dei is one of two EXTRA STAGE songs in GUITARFREAKS 10thMIX & drummania 9thMIX, along with cockpit. Earning 95% Perfects on Agnus Dei accesses MODEL DD5 as ENCORE STAGE, while earning 98% Perfects on Agnus Dei accesses Timepiece phase II as PREMIUM ENCORE STAGE.
- Agnus Dei marks the first time Asaki used his primary pseudonym in a song with an English title.
- "Agnus Dei" is Latin for "Lamb of God".
- Agnus Dei received a new banner in GuitarFreaks V & DrumMania V, which uses a different font and a new, darker shade of red in the background.
- An early banner with the old colors can be found unused in the game's data.
- Agnus Dei can be unlocked in beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY after obtaining enough DJ POINTs. More information can be found here.
- Agnus Dei being crossed over marks Asaki's first appearance in the beatmania IIDX series.
- As of September 7th, 2005, Agnus Dei is unlocked for everyone to play.
- Agnus Dei is available for play in GuitarFreaksXG & DrumManiaXG as an unlockable song in JukeBox #2 (June 9th, 2010).
- As of August 13th, 2010, it has been automatically unlocked into Standard Mode.
- Agnus Dei received a widescreen background video in GuitarFreaksXG & DrumManiaXG. However, it was replaced with a generic video in GITADORA.
- The beatmania IIDX series uses a zoomed in version of its widescreen video, replacing its old video starting in tricoro.
- Agnus Dei was one of 30 possible picks for songs for REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper's 7th Set (Users' SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system. It ranked 7th overall in number of votes.
- Agnus Dei is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from June 7th, 2017, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
- Agnus Dei (CLASSIC) could be unlocked in GITADORA EXCHAIN as one of the GF&DM CHRONICLE 2002～2004 songs from April 3rd, 2019, by playing five credits.
- Agnus Dei (CLASSIC) also appeared as an ENCORE STAGE by having unlocked all GF&DM CHRONICLE 2002～2004 songs. Clearing it with 98% PERFECTs will access Timepiece phase II (CLASSIC) as PREMIUM ENCORE STAGE.
- In GITADORA NEX+AGE, it could be unlocked from March 15th to June 21st, 2020 and from October 28th to November 29th, 2020 as part of the Thank you! GITADORA 21st kanshasai (サンキュー! ギタドラ21st感謝祭) event.
- It could also be unlocked from July 8th to August 2nd, 2020 and from December 2nd, 2020 to January 3rd, 2021 as part of the GITADORA wo tomodachi to issho ni play shiyou!! Campaign (GITADORAを友達と一緒にプレーしよう!!キャンペーン).
- As of GITADORA FUZZ-UP, it is available by default.
- Agnus Dei could be unlocked in jubeat festo from December 18th, 2019 to January 13th, 2020, as part of the Otodoke! Torokko daisakusen (お届け！トロッコ大作戦) event.
- It could also be unlocked from December 15th, 2021 to January 4th, 2022 as part of the Stamp Challenge unlocking system, by obtaining 7 stamps.
- As of April 27th, 2022, it can be purchased at the festo STORE.
- From jubeat Ave. onwards, it is available by default with an e-amusement pass.
- Agnus Dei was removed from beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE on December 27th, 2019.
- It was also removed from the MUSIC PLAYER section of beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK.
- Agnus Dei and its CLASSIC charts are available in コナステ GITADORA as part of the コナステ GITADORA HISTORYパック vol.4.
- Agnus Dei was added to jubeat (2021)'s normal mode on November 24th, 2021.
Song Production Information
Greetings 2DX users, Asaki here.
If you like gothic songs, I think you will enjoy this.
Please play it from time to time.
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
It's an EXTRA. Since this is a so-called "boss song", I thought, "Let's make it like a super-boss!", so I made this song.
Surprisingly, I haven't done any gothic songs before. It looks as if I made it rather plain and easy to understand, but if you listen carefully, it's not so plain. I secretly tried to add some strange tastes.
Thanks to this, it has a slightly strange atmosphere (heavy breathing) =3.
Please immerse yourself in it while spinning and weaving.
Video Production Information
I was told that this song is going to be ported to 2DX, so I helped a little bit.
The movie size was different, so it was remade for 2DX.
I didn't have the original Gitadora movie at hand, so some scenes may be a little different...
I hope you all play it elegantly in 2DX as well.
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
Since the song has a gothic taste, I tried to create an elegant and simple illustration.
I always thought about the flow of the lines, so I tried to show them as much as possible.
I used only three Gothic colors: red, black, and white.
Please play it elegantly.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
GF/DM difficulty rated from 1 to 99.
GF/DM XG and GITADORA difficulty rated from 0.00 to 9.99.
jubeat difficulty rated from 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and GITADORA Rating Sources.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||1||5||9||10||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→Present||-||5||9||10||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||1||5||9||10||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||10||-||5||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||10||-||-||-||-||-|
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania
|GF/DM MASTERPIECE SILVER||43||65||91||42||56||70||31||37||42||43||52||71|
XG & GITADORA Series
|GITADORA Tri-Boost Re:EVOLVE||↓4.50||↓5.60||7.45||↓8.75||↓3.10||↓4.00||↓6.20||↓7.50||↓3.15||↓4.45||↓5.20||↓6.65|
|Notecounts / Holds||208 / 24||338 / 41||609 / 60|