Around the Future
Around the Future
Artist: Maozon vs. C-Show
Composition/Arrangement: Maozon, C-Show
Movie: VJ GYO (overlays by BEMANI Designers)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of Around the Future appears on Maozon & C-Show's first album, MUSIC.
- Around the Future is the Bayside -SCARLET- Section 2 EXTRA STAGE of the IIDX AIR RACE EXTRA STAGE system. It can be played from March 8th, 2018.
- From April 12th, 2018 onwards, its charts can be unlocked by clearing them once using the HARD or EX-HARD gauge.
- From February 7th, 2019, its charts can be purchased in beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage via 天使の魔導書.
- From beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE onwards, it is available by default.
- Around the Future marks the first collaboration between Maozon and Akira Michishita in BEMANI.
- Around the Future's overlays feature the girl from On the FM in them.
- NAGI is uncredited on the official CANNON BALLERS website page for Around the Future's overlays.
- Around the Future was added to beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) on November 4th, 2021 as part of the November 2021 Basic Subscription Monthly Songs.
- From November 2nd, 2022, it can be purchased with BITs.
Song Production Information
Hello. C-Show here. It's been quite a while since I first met Maozon, back in the same SOUND VOLTEX FLOOR contest, and while we're part of the same music production company, this is our first time collaborating.
When we talked about what kind of genre to make, we ended saying "It's not fun to make the usual drum'n'bass".
Maozon said "I want to do an old school song", so when I had the first draft, I wasn't used to this BPM, but Maozon worked on an effective, beautiful break where breakbeats were used abundantly and drops covered the confusion, so I struggled three times more than I imagined.
Normally, when collaborating with other people, I often leave the melody and instead focus on working on the drums and basses, and my partner works on the melodies and arrangements.
In this song, there are parts where two melodies overlap each other, I think that ended being a song with a big cooperative feeling. I managed sounds and rhythm patterns that are pretty much rare now, but it certainly made me feel like nostalgic to when I was in my beginnings of DTM.
Hello. Maozon here.
As C-Show said above, we were accepted on SOUND VOLTEX FLOOR's dj TAKA song REMIX contest, and this is our first collaboration in the BEMANI series.
Well, as this song is a collaboration with C-Show, at first, I talked with him about what style of song should we go with, and then I suddently said "I want to do an old school song~", and C-Show accepted.
However, when I started working on my part, I thought "Does this song has to be pigeonholed on an existing genre?", so I changed direction, rave stabs, the piano backing, breakbeats, and other things that remain from then.
Then, I passed it to C-Show and it got crazy.
As a result, a song of a type that would not normally be made by each one of us was completed.
Breakbeats, dubstep, J-Core, various styles are mixed.
This song is hard to describe with existing words, so I was allowed to call its genre CYBERCORE without permission.
Please try playing it by all means!
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS→Present||-||6||9||11||-||6||9||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||-||6||9||11||-||6||9||11||-|
|IIDX AIR RACE|
|Bayside -SCARLET-||Persephone (Section 1) - Around the Future (Section 2) - Raspberry Railgun (Section 3)|
|Bayside -EMERALD-||Illusionary Waterlily (Section 1) - Slipstream (Section 2) - Antigravity (Section 3)|