Artist: DE-SIRE retunes
Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of CHAOS by ARM, titled CHAOS Terror-Tech Mix, appears in DanceDanceRevolution A.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- CHAOS is DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA's ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE. To access it, you must clear either Healing-D-Vision or Fascination MAXX as your EXTRA STAGE.
- From DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 onwards, CHAOS is playable by default.
- CHAOS is Naoki Maeda's first song under his DE-SIRE alias since TRIP MACHINE survivor, 4 years ago. This is referenced by the "retunes" on CHAOS' artist.
- Fittingly, all charts for CHAOS have high Chaos values in the GROOVE RADAR, with the CHALLENGE charts having the highest value of 200. This is due to the high number of stops on its charts, which causes the otherwise normal 4th/8th/16th notes to fall on different note quantizations.
- Having 44 stops, CHAOS had the highest number of stops of any song in the arcade DanceDanceRevolution series until the CHALLENGE charts of its remix beat it out in DanceDanceRevolution A20 with 70.
- If the CUT option is set to ON1 when playing CHAOS' BEGINNER chart, no arrows show up during gameplay. However, the song will be cleared with a D grade.
- According to Naoki, he wrote CHAOS in a MacBook Pro while staying on a hotel in Los Angeles, and it was written near the deadline of SuperNOVA .
- Despite it running at 170 BPM, CHAOS' BEGINNER chart was rated a 4 on the original 1-10 scale back in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA.
- With 405 notes, CHAOS' Single CHALLENGE chart has the lowest notecount of any Single chart rated Level 16.
- CHAOS received a slightly different banner in DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS.
- CHAOS was one of the qualifying round songs in the KONAMI Arcade Championship 2013 for DanceDanceRevolution (2013).
Song Production Information
The concept was to create a song that is as tricky as possible, something that seemed unlikely to exist in the DDR series until now. Did you like it, players?
Anyways, it repeatedly stops. It's suspenseful. The charts don't naturally flow (smirks).
If you're a deep DDR user, I think you'll be able to understand the meaning of the artist name DE-SIRE.
That's right, CHAOS is currently DE-SIRE's royal road number.
It's the most difficult song in the game specialized only in gameplay.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||56 / 0||183 / 5||245 / 2||321 / 5||405 / 9 / 0||174 / 2||242 / 2||316 / 5||360 / 7 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution X3 VS 2ndMIX→Present||6||8||12||14||16||9||12||14||↓15|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA CS||4||9||9||10||10||9||9||10||10|
|DanceDanceRevolution DANCE WARS||6||8||12||14||-||-||-||-||-|