Artist: dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: dj TAKA
VJ: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of Freeway Shuffle by Yu_Asahina, titled Freeway Shuffle -More2 HAPPY Re-Mix-, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- Freeway Shuffle marks dj TAKA's first original composition in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- Freeway Shuffle has its own unique video in DanceDanceRevolution, eliminating any on-screen dancers (except in DanceDanceRevolution S+).
- Freeway Shuffle received CHALLENGE charts in both the American and Japanese releases of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS, only available through the PRIZE module. These charts were put in the arcade DanceDanceRevolution titles in DanceDanceRevolution X.
- Freeway Shuffle appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA 2 Pack 2.
- Freeway Shuffle's BEGINNER chart was removed in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- However, it received a new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS.
- Freeway Shuffle is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from November 2nd, 2017, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
This is an upbeat, melodious, trance-pop track. In the 10 years that I have been at Konami, this is the first track that I have made completely for DDR. With NAOKI's advice, it was a very natural process to compose this track. Thanks NAOKI!
My initial approach to this song was based on my image of American suburban driving, with lots of heavy traffic. It is like dancing among a huge crowd at a club. But even though the song is called "Freeway Shuffle", it did not end up with the shuffling feeling that I had intended. So I felt, "oh well... it is still a great song!"
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS||※1||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS||-||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS→Present||2||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||※1||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
※ Denotes chart is different from the later BEGINNER chart (total notes: 96).
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||89 / 4||182 / 12||239 / 10||294 / 36||372 / 5 / 0||182 / 12||239 / 10||294 / 34||368 / 5 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 CS US/JP||1||4||6||7||8||3||5||7||8|