Artist: dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: dj TAKA
Movie: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of Freeway Shuffle by Yu_Asahina, titled Freeway Shuffle -More2 HAPPY Re-Mix-, appears in SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Freeway Shuffle marks Takayuki Ishikawa's first original composition in the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- Freeway Shuffle has its own unique video in DanceDanceRevolution, eliminating any on-screen dancers (except in DanceDanceRevolution S+).
- Freeway Shuffle received CHALLENGE charts in the CS releases of DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA2, only available through the PRIZE module. These charts were put in the arcade DanceDanceRevolution titles in DanceDanceRevolution X.
- Freeway Shuffle appears as downloadable content for DanceDanceRevolution S+, in the DDR SuperNOVA 2 Pack 2.
- Freeway Shuffle's BEGINNER chart was removed in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- However, it received a new BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS.
- Freeway Shuffle is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from November 2nd, 2017, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
- Freeway Shuffle was added to jubeat (2021) on June 24th, 2022.
Song Production Information
This is an upbeat, melodious, trance-pop track. In the 10 years that I have been at Konami, this is the first track that I have made completely for DDR. With NAOKI's advice, it was a very natural process to compose this track. Thanks NAOKI!
My initial approach to this song was based on my image of American suburban driving, with lots of heavy traffic. It is like dancing among a huge crowd at a club. But even though the song is called "Freeway Shuffle", it did not end up with the shuffling feeling that I had intended. So I felt, "oh well... it is still a great song!"
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.) jubeat difficulty rated from 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and TexTage.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS||※1||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS||-||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS→Present||2||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS||※1||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||4||7||10||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||2||4||7||10||-||5||8||9||-|
※ Denotes chart is different from the later BEGINNER chart (total notes: 96).
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||89 / 4||182 / 12||239 / 10||294 / 36||372 / 5 / 0||182 / 12||239 / 10||294 / 34||368 / 5 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 location test||1||3||6||7||-||4||5||7||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution / Dancing Stage SuperNOVA2 CS||1||4||6||7||8||3||5||7||8|
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.