- 1 LEADING CYBER
Artist: dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: dj TAKA
Length: 1:42 (beatmania IIDX), 1:40 (DanceDanceRevolution)
Genre: DIGI ROCK
VJ: VJ YUZ (2-D art by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 3rd style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Some vocal samples can be heard.
Song Connections / Remixes
- The ANOTHER chart version of LEADING CYBER sounds quite different from the NORMAL and HYPER charts.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series use a slightly shorter version of LEADING CYBER, cutting a bit of the beginning.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- LEADING CYBER received ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 4th style.
- LEADING CYBER was the first beatmania IIDX song to ever receive its own unique title card before the song started. Since then, quite a small amount of beatmania IIDX songs have gotten this treatment, typically about three to five a game.
- However, it later lost its unique title card in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- LEADING CYBER has never appeared on a PlayStation 2 DanceDanceRevolution release.
- LEADING CYBER received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2.
- In DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2, LEADING CYBER is credited to dj.TAKA.
- LEADING CYBER can be unlocked from May 18th, 2016 on beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
Song Production Information
I decided to take on the challenge of creating a successor to GRADIUSIC CYBER, a track that remains popular to this day.
Laying down the required timbres, my intentions were to keep it close to the feel of the previous work while giving it a fresh sense of style.
Although I built up the courage needed to make a continuation to this popular song, I was personally pleased with this method.
By the way, the name of the song may bear similarity to a certain Konami medal game, but it has nothing to do with its content, sorry.
Well, I should talk more about the genre like Togo-chef would.
What is the difference between "big beat" and "digital rock"? As far as I know, it is argued that there is no clear difference between the two (I don't even hear the term "digital rock" being used any more).
I believe it is up to personal interpretation. In my vague image, big beat uses a middle tempo with bulky rhythms. This applies to songs in the IIDX series like GAMBOL, Electro Tuned, and Schlagwerk.
On the contrary, the uptempo style of digi-rock gives off a sensation of running. This song has a large dependence on breakbeats, I wonder if that'll help push it into the lead.
Since it is my own personal interpretation, it may be better not to use it elsewhere. But genres start off when one starts willfully talking about it, so I would like it if this could be a new standard~. (just kidding!)
So, IIDX uses this kind of feeling as such, but the genre is basically decided by the person who made the track, so there are certain exceptions depending on the person's own interpretation.
Video Production Information
LEADING CYBER's movie is the second movie made by VJ YUZ!
The special thing about this movie by VJ YUZ is the beauty of the multilayered style, with comes together with high speed images being displayed quickly one after another! I am so mesmerized by this movie... (Even to this very day, I am still mesmerized)
Well, for now, I will hand it over to your special guest, VJ YUZ!
I was very lucky to be responsible for the movie of LEADING CYBER, by dj TAKA. It is my favorite in beatmania IIDX 3rd style. Although the working period felt intense, the power of dj TAKA's music preserved my integrity. I enjoyed working with being kept on my toes.
I especially enjoyed listening carefully to the scattered sounds placed in this song and inserting the images when necessary.
The more you hear it (the more you play it) the more you taste LEADING CYBER!
dj TAKA, as a fan, I expect more great songs out of you in the future.
LEADING CYBER Movie Production Procedure
0. Suddenly receive mini-ramen (late night meal) from Director KAGE.
1. Get a convenience store lunch box from VJ GYO.
2. receive yogurt from GOLI.
3. Become aware of the constraints of your sleeping hours.
4. Listen to the sound of a song.
5. from the BPM and frame data, prepare the loop material.
6. Make a rough movie as a base, from the song's length in total.
7. Snatch illustration material from GOLI
8. Make the climax material.
9. Attach the beginning and ends together.
10. Mr. KAGE's approval! At last!
11. (Repeat from step 1.)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty from 3rd style through 5th style rated from 1 to 7, 1 to 7+ from 6th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB through 5thMIX rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style||-||4||6||-||4||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style→11 IIDX RED||-||4||6||N/A||4||6||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→Present||-||4||6||7||4||6||6|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||4||6||-||4||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||4||6||6||4||6||6|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||※3||4||6||6||4||6||6|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||4||6||7||4||6||6|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||6||7||4||6||6|
※ Prior to beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST, LEADING CYBER's BEGINNER notecount was 361.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||94 / 0||193 / 0||258 / 0||359 / 0||- / - / -||185 / 0||258 / 0||357 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||-||5||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||5||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX2 / Dancing Stage Unleashed2||N/A||5||7||9||-||4||7||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX Solo→4thMIX PLUS Solo||5||7||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX CS||5||7||8|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||5||7||8|