Song Connections / Remixes
- O/D*20 is a remix of OVERDOSER, from beatmania, containing elements from other earlier remixes as OVERDOSER (DrivingDubMix) and OVERDOSER ～FLOTAGE MIX～.
- An extended version of O/D*20 can be found on Ryu☆'s sixth self-released EP, O/D*20:EP.
- A hi-speed mix of O/D*20 also can be found on the same EP. This remix also shares samples with 321 STARS.
- Another extended version of O/D*20, titled O/D*20 (st2020 Mix), can be found on Ryu☆'s eighth album, starmine 2020 : Mare Nectaris.
- The title "O/D*20" refers to the song being released around the time of the 20th anniversary of OVERDOSER (and the beatmania series) .
- Neither the beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album nor Ryu☆'s starmine 2020 : Mare Nectaris album credit Hiroshi Takeyasu for composing the original OVERDOSER.
Song Production Information
~The basis of a techno DJ are the analog synth and sampler~
~Unfortunately, today the drum machine is in a bad condition~
~You have to push the button yourself~
~Just don't forget the other sounds~
At that time, I was a high school student.
While going to the club, I bought a dance compilation CD, and everyday the Roland MC-303 synthesizer was my partner at writing and composing.
One day, suddenly, the -DJ simulation game- "beatmania" appeared.
Many speakers with shining neonlights, and a dancing graffiti character.
I was a fan of 4-beat tracks and I was a little scared of this street-like cabinet, but I entered 200 yen regardless.
The CLUB SAGAWA manager jumped in and recruited me as a DJ to excite our customers.
Unlike other games, this box made full use of the 5-button sampler and the turntable.
Following the song sequence, sometimes ad lib and not matching with the song itself, you had to manipulate this groovy machine.
The excitement of the customers is expressed by the groove gauge, clearing was shown by the passing line.
The guarantee was $1000.00 per song at maximum.
As for the songs that could be chosen, although there were few, the Kraftwerk-inspired techno track, -TECHNO- "OVERDOSE / MIRAK" was there.
This song progresses with the vocoder sound, and a Roland TR-606/808-like pattern of kick, snare, and hi-hat, so for beatmania beginners, they learned how to play and it was perfect for getting the nice feeling of playing the sequence with their own hands.
This amazingly simple game system presented in beatmania, and a high school student who likes dance tracks like O/D.
Since O/D, the future has changed.
That high school student provided music to beatmania three years later.
And 20 years later, that high school student was making -TECHNO- music to beatmania.
Congratulations for the 20th anniversary of OVERDOSER.
Congratulations for the 20th anniversary of beatmania.
With twenty years worth of love.
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||481 / 0||854 / 6||1071 / 6||-||659 / 0||1013 / 6||1246 / 6||-|
|beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS→Present||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|