- 1 Visual Artist Pages
- 2 Missing information
- 3 Personal Suggestion
- 4 So since writing down the BST SDVX vocal songs' artists off data is allowed
- 5 Inactive
- 6 Tokimeki Idol separation
- 7 Editing Wars 2018
- 8 New Accounts for Remywiki
- 9 Please source artist confirmations/release dates, please
- 10 More Konami being Konami
- 11 Dividing up artist pages between licenses/originals
- 12 IIDX new template messed up
- 13 Registration for a new account?
- 14 Edit restriction
Visual Artist Pages
We could use a uniform template/layout for the VJ GYO, HES, tQy, etc. articles too. Perhaps we implement what the musician pages already have as well but instead of Composition, Arrangement, Lyrics, etc. we go with Illustration, Jacket, Overlays, etc.? Any suggestions?
- That could work. The only problem could be the instances where two or more designers collaborated on a video/jacket. --FinalOffset (talk) 15:48, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
is there any interest in writing articles on basic info that's written on bemaniwiki but isn't anywhere to be found here? stuff like the Class Mode courses from each version, How To Win At Step-Up, QPro parts, etc. it's pretty awkward when a lot of info about IIDX is easily accessible common knowledge to the japanese playerbase but hard to find in the West unless you're really really good at interpreting google translate. I'd be willing to write about what I actually know (can't just translate and copy information over since I don't know japanese !!), I just don't know if this is a "nobody's gotten around to it" thing or if there's a specific reason it hasn't been done already. --Hyso (talk) 00:16, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Sure, go ahead. The more useful information, the merrier. --FinalOffset (talk) 17:10, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Can we please stop using Japanese abbreviation terms like PV and CV for videos and actors/actresses on these pages, and also stop leaving links for album links in Japanese (as in, leaving the word "product page" in Japanese, as seen on this page - SYNTHESIZED2)? It makes this site look a little less unprofessional to me. But maybe I'm wrong. I'm curious what other people think on this. --M.B. (talk) 21:36, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- I'm fine with using CV for actors/actresses on Song Information as sometimes that is how it is credited on soundtrack/album booklets. The others yeah, I agree. --FinalOffset (talk) 02:37, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
So since writing down the BST SDVX vocal songs' artists off data is allowed
- Those were confirmed by the file names. Hellix/Kagura aren't as far as I remember. --totally not by MENDES (talk) 14:27, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- I meant if you check the event code through something like hexedit (main dll file) you can see the artist name related to each one of the event 2's songs, with Humer and Ryu being the last two. --UBerserker (talk) 14:32, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- Checked it, yes, this is true. Going to add them now. --FinalOffset (talk) 15:43, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
- Now REFLEC BEAT has received a new update pack. It says there will have some new revival songs and event songs in it. So should we move REFLEC BEAT back to Active BEMANI series judging by this? --Wisyuan (talk) 08:09, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- The only reason it is receiving these songs (from this special once-in-a-lifetime event, mind this) is because the game hasn't gone offline mode yet. Revivals don't count and that process isn't going to end until early 2021. Konami at JAEPO 2018 flat out said they were done with the series on some information booklet (alongside MUSECA, back then). If it'd ever get proper originals or it'd appear in KAC again, then it's active again; fairly impossible to happen though after Konami said they were done with RB in terms of expanding the series, and most arcade shops have likely gotten rid of their cabs. --UBerserker (talk) 09:29, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- I agree with UBerserker here in that once it receives a big update it will be moved to active again. (As a side note, there's still one or two REFLEC BEAT cabs in around half of the arcades that I've visited here in Tokyo. I don't know how is the situation outside here, though). --FinalOffset (talk) 15:29, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
Tokimeki Idol separation
I didn't think of this earlier, but I suggest we start labeling Tokimeki Idol songs under composers' pages as (Tokimeki Idol), similar to HinaBitter. There's more than enough of these songs now to warrant it, even if it isn't connected to BEMANI in any way. (Then again, HinaBitter didn't really try to either outside of some covers and BGM in the radio shows.) --M.B. (talk) 05:10, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah sure, it seems that BEMANI will borrow quite a few songs from there instead of being a small crossover. --FinalOffset (talk) 18:37, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Editing Wars 2018
I need to re-remind people to please not do this. I've had to undo two edits recently (between the CANNON BALLERS page for HYPER BOUNDARY GATE and SPARK ! -essential RMX-). --M.B. (talk) 12:30, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
New Accounts for Remywiki
If I recall correctly, for a good while back, Remywiki shut down the create account function of the site due to spam and vandalism (I believe that was reason right? anyway, just like how we're having someone right now move pages and write extremely off-topic or wrong information). Is it possible to re-add the rule of emailing, or something similar to stop this? an IP ban? (as suggested by someone the last time this happen) Personally, it's just tiring having to see this crap happen from time to time... any thoughts on this? - QueenZ (talk) 08:37, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Ditto. IP banning doesn't seem to be working. --M.B. (talk) 08:39, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Contacted Corin about this. I'll let you know his reply ASAP (or maybe he'll pop in here). --FinalOffset (talk) 16:15, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Alright, Corin said that more spam prevention measures will be added, and the user in question should be IP blocked now. --FinalOffset (talk) 03:28, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
- We need to disable account creation PERIOD. This is the FOURTH time now this guy has made alternate accounts. I am sick of dealing with this shit. --M.B. (talk) 01:54, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- She just got on AGAIN. --M.B. (talk) 07:02, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- And AGAIN! This is SEVEN TIMES now. --M.B. (talk) 07:15, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- EIGHT. Also, I accidentally deleted the Animelo 1 page in the process somehow. --M.B. (talk) 07:28, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Please source artist confirmations/release dates, please
More Konami being Konami
Seems Konami removed most of, if not ALL, old arcade BEMANI pages within the past week or so. Awesome job, guys! Now they just link to here: https://www.konami.com/games/jp/ja/ --M.B. (talk) 07:28, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- Lool there's no SOUND VOLTEX bias, it's unaffected because of how its website works (it's a conglomerate of game websites glued together by the FLOOR website page) and also because there are contest winners involved, and the last thing Konami wants is losing more FLOOR songs for obvious reasons by simply being more pricks than they currently are. Probably also the reason why BEMANI DESIGNERS isn't a thing for FLOOR song jackets because it could be seen as disrespectful toward the winners. Besides, SDVX had its share of bad things happening due to BST: the Yoshitaka remix contest didn't happen anymore and there are barely any contest announced, not even for cards --UBerserker (talk) 09:29, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- All the song comment pages are hosted on Konami's server. I love SOUND VOLTEX as a series (it's like the only game I play at Round One), but you know what's also not fair? Leaving the artists for IIDX and BEMANI SUMMER GREETINGS uncredited. And a couple of cancelled contests are nothing compared to the rushed, unfinished messes that were IIDX tricoro/SPADA or pop'n music eclale. --M.B. (talk) 09:43, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- Also, to be honest, reporting recent "Konmai" 2018 moments in the 2017 page is sort of confusing to readers. --UBerserker (talk) 09:29, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- I'll agree on this, though. I'll move the 2018 info accordingly. --M.B. (talk) 09:43, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- Aye thanks! But yeah this really sucks, lots of song/video/char comments are now lost forever. The damage is done whether Konami intentionally removed websites just to "remove history" or because they simply wanted to get rid of old stuff that they believe it's not use for anyone (other companies do get rid of old websites too but Konami amazingly had everything up even so many years that it was, shocking to say the least). As for BEMANI DESIGNERS I'm still in the idea it doesn't affect SDVX exclusives due to some policies toward contest winners (since often the winners do appreciation tweets for the jackets made by inhouse designers), only possible reason I can think of here. Either way what's happened has happened. And hey I just noticed we're now almost 1 year since the birth of BST. --UBerserker (talk) 10:06, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- I'll agree on this, though. I'll move the 2018 info accordingly. --M.B. (talk) 09:43, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- Konami is looking to restore all the lost pages https://twitter.com/konami_support/status/1047020477288452096 --UBerserker (talk) 10:00, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Below are some links to unofficial mirrors of the beatmania/III websites.
Please feel free to browse and use these to reference information, but be sure to give proper credit to the website owners if you use their pages directly.
For other Bemani games, I recommend using the Wayback Machine (even though it will have mixed degrees of completion). --Calpisco (talk) 08:37, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
Dividing up artist pages between licenses/originals
I was curious if anyone would be for dividing up some artist pages between licenses, contest songs, and KONAMI originals? That way people would have a clearer understanding of what songs are KONAMI originals, which are contests for BEMANI games, and which ones are licenses? I'd be more than happy to divide up the pages as such for some artists. --M.B. (talk) 01:23, 12 June 2019 (UTC)
IIDX new template messed up
- I'm currently working to fixing all table, it will take me a while though. --FinalOffset (talk) 16:39, 12 July 2019 (UTC)
Registration for a new account?
Hello! I’m unsure about where exactly this should be posted, but I figure here would have a decent amount of visibility.
A person in a Discord server I run recently posted about wanting to create a RemyWiki account. They want to contribute things like English translations for song lyrics and other useful information about CS games.
They said that they’re currently unable to register an account directly, and that they’ve tried contacting Corin a while ago, but Corin has apparently not responded to their request yet. They’ll try to contact Corin again and follow up on their initial request, but in the meantime would there be another way to speed up this process, or another person who may be able to field the request for account creation?
- Edit: Hi y'all, I forgot to add a signature indicating who posted the message and at what time. My apologies for the error. I also withdraw this request, as the person for whom I asked this question now has an account on here.--Calpisco (talk) 05:34, 14 October 2019 (UTC)
Sysops, you should create the edit rules for prevent confusion. The sysop @Tsuyoshi-kun warns to the users to stop with by-the-minute micro edits. However, the Anti-abuse filter for this wiki is not found.--VR0 (talk) 00:01, 27 December 2019 (UTC)