Artist: Camellia Vs. Expander
Arrangement: Camellia & Expander
Genre: ORIENTAL TECHDANCE
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 23 copula
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
These lyrics are from 紫陽花 -AZISAI- (Long ver.). The game size version of 紫陽花 -AZISAI- has no vocals.
国破山河在，城春草木深。 感时花溅泪，恨别鸟惊心。 烽火连三月，家书抵万金。 白头搔更短，浑欲不胜簪。
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of 紫陽花 -AZISAI-, titled 紫陽花 -AZISAI- (Long ver.), appears on the beatmania IIDX 23 copula ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VOL.2 album.
- The long version contains a vocal recite of the old Chinese bard Du Fu (杜甫)'s poem Chun Wang (春望) in the beginning, which was written by Du Fu in 757.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is the occasional rain song of the Season Line EXTRA STAGE system in beatmania IIDX 23 copula. Its NORMAL charts could be played from May 12th, 2016.
- Its HYPER charts could be played from May 19th, 2016.
- Its ANOTHER charts could be played from May 26th, 2016.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- marks the first collaboration track solely between Sota Fujimori and Masaya Oya.
- It marks also the first time that Sota Fujimori uses his Expander alias in a collaboration.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is the first KONAMI original song since INSECTICIDE where Masaya Oya uses his romanized main alias.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is the first EXTRA STAGE song in the beatmania IIDX series that involves Masaya Oya.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is the first song that involves Sota Fujimori since Go Beyond!! with both ANOTHER charts rated Level 12.
- The concept of Sota Fujimori and Masaya Oya working on a song together was suggested by L.E.D., according to the former.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- received a jacket on the BEMANI Fan Site CHECK!SONGS page for May 2016. This jacket has not yet been used in a BEMANI game.
- While 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is part of the summer section of Season Line, it is instead related to the East Asian rainy season, which lasts from late spring to early summer.
- "Azisai" is another way to write "Ajisai" (紫陽花), which is the Japanese name of the flower hydrangea, the representative flower of the rainy season in East Asia.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- received a BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage.
- 紫陽花 -AZISAI- is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.10.
Song Production Information
One day L.E.D. asked "Do you want to collaborate with Camellia?", and I immediately answered "YES!".
Since Camellia and I have talked about make a song together beforehand, it was right on time, and thanks to L.E.D. our goal was achieved.
The order for this song was to be made with a rainy season motif, so in addition to the aggressive sound, I made a lot of clear sounds like rain.
The opening bell sound is one of favorites using the polyphony modulation function of Prophet 5.
I also incorporated an alternating and complex Wobble on the first half, while the solo of the second half I made it sound like a fight of two locations, and it ended being a song that can be enjoyed both in game as well on its own.
Please try playing this song. Thank you.
This time I collaborated with Expander, a.k.a. senior Sota Fujimori.
Previously, when I collaborated with Nekomata, Akhuta, S-C-U, 96, and Sota in "Cleopatrysm",
I thought about collaborating with Sota, who recommended me to beatnation RHYZE! So I'm really, really happy to realize it!
I first made a rough draft and sent it, then Sota sent it back to me, I was impressed by the maniac creation of the melody and the fine sequence of his signature sounds!
Especially the solo in the latter half is Sota as its finest, and when I thought about the back-and-forth phrase... I took my hat off.
Regarding the song, we had to work with the theme of "rainy season" of Season Line, also the "Asian cyber" theme troubled me, so the oriental techdance was made by trial and error.
The vivid sound of Sota matched well, creating an atmosphere of an electronic Hydrangea that blooms in Toyo's cyber space!
It was a very pleasant collaboration that made me study, I just finally finished it, but also I want to collaborate again.
I will be glad if you can survive this song during the rainy season!
Video Production Information
Although the moist feeling of the rainy season is not very comfortable,
I like the sound of rain and the darker clouds, so it would be nice if I could express the atmosphere of those clouds? What is it, ribbit.
The charts have a quite high difficulty, ribbit. Blow off the rainy season with sweaty scratch! Achoa!!
Character name: Tsuyuta
A self-styled fighter who enjoys fighting games.
When it begins to rain, he starts to squat reflexively. He goes to his knees about 10 times.
His favorite foods are soba and milk. The rumor on the neighborhood is that he hits his own soba.
Difficulty & Notecounts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||212 / 0||655 / 6||1094 / 6||1490 / 13||-||675 / 6||1118 / 6||1496 / 13||-|
|beatmania IIDX 23 copula→25 CANNON BALLERS||-||7||10||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage→Present||2||7||10||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||12||-||7||10||12||-|
|Winter||Nightmare before oversleep (Dunkel Weihnachten)|
麗 ～うらら～ (冬尽く小江戸)
|Spring||La dolce primavera (Spring Festival)|
|Summer||紫陽花 -AZISAI- (occasional rain)|
か・し・ま・し☆PUMP UP！ (Kilogramme de l'aventure)