Break down redirects here. For other songs titled Break Down, please see Break Down (disambiguation).
Composition/Arrangement: NAOKI MAEDA
Lyrics: Riyu Kosaka
Jacket design: 億トマン
pop'n music Genre: GIRLS ROCK (ガールズロック)
pop'n music Character: Bis子 [9-2P]
pop'n music Background: Over the night (pop'n music 8)
First Music Game Appearance: DDRMAX2 -DanceDanceRevolution 7thMIX-
Other Music Game Appearances:
近頃そろそろゲンカイ！ ルールなんかカンケーない！ こんな日々振り切って今すぐ飛び出そう！！ 何もかも許されない 自由にだってなりたい カタチなんてこだわんない 壊したってかまわない！！ いつだって強く激しく！！！ 思いはただヒトツ 終わりなんて信じない ホントの明日探し出せるまで！ BRE∀K DOWN! 爆音でなる MUSIC 高鳴る TENSION 遠くまで飛ばしまくれ！ ENGINE 全開っっ！！ この風に飛び乗って 怒りも悲しみも 全部残らず投げ飛ばせっっ！ ｢そのさ､つまんない話付き合ってる暇なんかあたしにはないんだよね｡｣ ｢レベル低いんじゃないの？｣ LET'S GO!! 爆発しちゃうくらい 何も聞こえないくらい 胸のおく突き刺すくらい SPEED 全開っっ！！ 向かい風にだって 負けるコトなんてない 戦い続けろっっ！！
chikagoro sorosoro genkai! RULE nanka kankenai! konna hibi furikitte ima sugu tobidasou!! nanimokamo yurusarenai jiyuu ni datte naritai katachi nante kodawannai kowashitatte kamawanai!! itsu datte tsuyoku hageshiku!!! omoi wa tada hitotsu owari nante shinjinai honto no ashita sagashidaseru made! BRE∀K DOWN! bakuon de naru MUSIC takanaru TENSION tooku made tobashi makure! ENGINE zenkai!! kono kaze ni tobinotte ikari mo kanashimi mo zenbu nokorazu nagetobase! "sonosa, tsumannai hanashi tsukiatteru hima nanka atashi ni wa naindayo ne." "LEVEL hikuin janai no?" LET'S GO!! bakuhatsu shichau kurai nani mo kikoenai kurai mune no oku tsukisasu kurai SPEED zenkai!! mukaikaze ni datte makeru koto nantenai tatakai tsuzukero!!
126.96.36.199.3.4! 近頃そろそろゲンカイ ルールなんかカンケーない こんな日々振り切って今すぐ飛び出そう 何もかも許せない 自由にだってなりたい カタチなんてこだわんない 壊したってかまわない いつだって強く激しく 思いはただヒトリ 終わりなんて信じない ホントの明日探し出せるまで BRE∀K DOWN! 爆音でなるMUSIC 高鳴るTENSION 遠くまで飛ばしまくれ! ENGINE全開っっ! この風にとび乗って 怒りも悲しみも 全部残らず投げ飛ばせっっ! これからを無駄にシナイ この時を生きるために 余計な心配忘れて今こそ飛び出そう! 決められた道なんてないし 全て自分次第だし 後悔なんてしたくナイ! だから恐くなんかナイ! 誰にも負けない強さで 目的地向かってく! 速度上げて信じよう! ホントの明日必ず来るから BRE∀K DOWN! 爆音でなるMUSIC 高鳴るTENSION イチバンで飛ばしてゆけっっ! ENGINE限界っ! 打ちつける風も 跳ね返すパワーで どこまでも走り続けろっっ! LET'S GO! 爆発しちゃうくらい 何も聞こえないくらい 胸の奥突き刺すくらい SPEED全開っっ! 向かい風にだって 負けるコトなんてない 戦い続けろっっ!
Song Connections / Remixes
- A re-arrangement of BRE∀K DOWN!, titled BRE∀K DOWN! (GF&DM STYLE), can be found in GUITARFREAKS 8thMIX & drummania 7thMIX.
- A long version of BRE∀K DOWN!, titled BRE∀K DOWN! (Full Version), can be found in the GUITARFREAKS & drummania BEST TRACKS album.
- A re-arranged long version of BRE∀K DOWN!, titled BRE∀K DOWN! (LIVE BAND style), can be found in BeForU's self-titled first album.
- An English cover of BRE∀K DOWN! by NAOKI presents WORLD WIDE STYLE, titled BREAK DOWN! (World Version), is available on the KONAMI♪MUSICフル service. This version features vocals by Alison Wade.
- A short version of BREAK DOWN! (World Version) can be found in DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY. The artist was changed to ELE ROCKS.
- A cover of BRE∀K DOWN! by Reiji Sakurai was uploaded to his YouTube channel.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Extended comments by NAOKI and BeForU appear in BeForU's official website.
- Unused graphics for BRE∀K DOWN! can be found in Dancing Stage EuroMIX2.
- BRE∀K DOWN! received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- BRE∀K DOWN! could be unlocked to pop'n music 9 from April 2nd, 2003 to April 4th, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- It was later added to pop'n music 9 on April 24th, 2003 via ee'MALL.
- Before the 2004.03.23 version of ee'MALL 2nd avenue, BRE∀K DOWN!'s banner displayed BRE∀K DOWN as the title instead of BRE∀K DOWN!. As such, pop'n music 9 is the only game that remained without the change on the banner.
- Before the 2004.03.23 version of ee'MALL 2nd avenue, BRE∀K DOWN!'s Music Comment displayed that BRE∀K DOWN! was originally from GUITARFREAKS 8thMIX & drummania 7thMIX. Since the 2004.03.23 version, the Music Comment displays that BRE∀K DOWN! is originally from DDRMAX2.
- The Music Comment was changed again in pop'n music 14 FEVER!.
- However, the preview music of BRE∀K DOWN! still uses the GF&DM STYLE version of the song.
- Before the 2004.03.23 version of ee'MALL 2nd avenue, BRE∀K DOWN!'s songwheel genre was BREAK DOWN.
- Before pop'n music 12 いろは, BRE∀K DOWN!'s songwheel genre was BREAK DOWN!.
- Before pop'n music 14 FEVER!, BRE∀K DOWN!'s songwheel genre was BRE∀K DOWN!.
- Along with 祭 JAPAN, BRE∀K DOWN! is one of the two ee'MALL DanceDanceRevolution songs that were given brand new keysounds in pop'n music, unlike other crossovers which recycled their beatmania IIDX keysounds.
- BRE∀K DOWN! received a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3.
- Before DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA, BRE∀K DOWN! was credited to Be For U.
- BRE∀K DOWN! is one of the BeForU songs revived in pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET from their previous removal in pop'n music 17 THE MOVIE, along with GRADUATION ～それぞれの明日～, CANDY♥, and ☆shining☆.
- BRE∀K DOWN! was still present in the location test of DanceDanceRevolution X, with its new foot ratings.
- BRE∀K DOWN! is one of the unlockable revivals in DanceDanceRevolution X2. It can be unlocked by reaching ENJOY LEVEL 30.
- As of February 23rd, 2011, BRE∀K DOWN! has been unlocked for normal play.
- In DanceDanceRevolution Classroom Edition, BRE∀K DOWN!'s title was misspelled as BREVK DOWN!.
- BRE∀K DOWN! is unlockable in pop'n music Lively from May 11th, 2022 as part of the pop'n quest (ポップンクエスト) unlocking system.
- BRE∀K DOWN! was performed on the RIYU KOSAKA FIRST LIVE at O-EAST 2005 and BeForU LIVE 2006 concerts.
- BRE∀K DOWN! appears on the movie La máquina de bailar.
- BRE∀K DOWN! was supposed to appear in the cancelled game カラオケレボリューション BEMANIシリーズセレクション.
Song Production Information
BeForU Official Website
BeForU's new song has a full-fledged rock tone which features guitar. Perhaps it's a song which is unusual in the DDR series. It has nice rhythms which are uptempo and groovy, but the melody feels sorrowful. This time, Riyu Kosaka is in charge of the song's lyrics. Kosaka expressed her straight feelings and teen words into the song as she felt them when she first heard it. These lyrics are wonderfully nice. Please don't miss it.
And... Kosaka wrote the lyrics for BREAK DOWN, and it was a big change~!? Unlike CANDY, I'm acting as a delinquent, so it was very difficult (laughs), but I did my best in Kosaka's own style, so everyone please try to dance to this song by all means (^-^)/
When I received this song, I immediately liked it because it was groovy and nice. Riyu wrote the lyrics, which are powerful and energetic.
This song is very easy to sing along to. I want everyone to feel excited about it.
When I first heard this new song, I was surprised at how good NAOKI is at making nice songs~. Anyways, I thought the song's melody was upbeat~, so Shiyuna was also excited↑ by the tension♪
This time, the lyrics are full of Riyu's world, and I think you can really relate to them!
It seems that DDRMAX2 is going to have various different gameplay elements, so please look forward to it★ Everyone please follow DDRMAX2!!!
When I heard from NAOKI that this song was rock, I felt completely nervous, asking myself "what kind of song would be~??" until I heard it. When the intro started, my head warped for a moment... huh! Is this in a live venue? The exciting climax! The roaring guitars! My body continues to jump... I said "that's exactly rock!!!" as an amazing and real image came to my mind!!! Well, don't you want to shake your head while listening to this? I think everyone has their own "rock image", but I wonder if they'll feel the same way Noria does when listening to this song? I'm looking forward to it.
The contents of these lyrics is expressing the resentment of the world as a "rebellious chick". Noria sang the top part of the chorus with a high pitched voice. I recommend Yoma's narration. I really love listening to that. If you're frustrated by something, try to loudly sing BRE∀K DOWN! Of course, try to play it in DDR too! Noria is also looking forward to MAX2! I want to play as soon as possible★ Well then, see you at the arcade. (laughs)
This is my first original rock number in the DDR series, featuring edgy and solid guitars. I personally thought Be For U were better suited for this type of lengthy rock sound, with the girls' current positive power pushing into an energetic and aggressive super pop number, BRE∀K DOWN!
When I heard this song, I thought "So energetic..."
After many all-nighters and greasy meals, my brain, stomach, and pancreas were exhausted, and I was envious of the "energy" of this song.
Moreover, at that time, a certain "MARTIAL BEAT" cabinet was installed at the entrance of the company. It kept screaming "Punch! Kick! One more!", day after day.
The result was:
"A few wiggling frogs", etc.
Looking back, I wonder "Why?", but I'm sure that my state of mind was not normal.
The director, who saw the production, said "This is indeed too much", and therefore, it was never implemented. (..ho-ho..)
If not for that, I might have gone ahead with it.
As such, "Straight punch" and "Aerobics" were used for other songs.
...But, is "Singing Frog" still around?
"Please let me direct BRE∀K DOWN!"
When I requested for it, they came up with something very strong. It was finished without any problems, but when I thought about the reaction it could receive if it was distributed in the market as it originally appeared, I wanted to see that reaction. Hehehe.
CS Information Data
"BREAK DOWN" by Be For U is the latest song from the same group behind "DIVE." Fans of Japanese pop will surely be getting down with "BREAK DOWN". Check out the other song from Be For U in this game as well.
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever and BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||103 / 0||144 / 7||279 / 14||403 / 5||- / - / -||152 / 9||276 / 13||418 / 1||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution X location test||2||4||8||12||-||4||8||12||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution A20 PLUS→Present||3||5||↑8||12||-||5||8||13||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS JP||-||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DDRMAX2 CS NA||2||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX3 / Dancing Stage Unleashed3||N/A||4||6||9||-||4||6||9||-|
|5-Buttons||Normal||Hyper||EX||Normal||Hyper||5B Hyper||7 Button||7B Hyper|
|pop'n music 9→13 カーニバル (via ee'MALL)||14||14||27||40||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER!→15 ADVENTURE||14||14||27||40||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 16 PARTY♪||14||↑16||27||↓39||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 19 TUNE STREET→20 fantasia||14||16||27||39||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||-||22||33||45||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 14 FEVER! CS||14||16||27||39||14||18||-||-||-|
|pop'n music portable 2 DLC||14||16||27||39||-||-||19||15||24|
|pop'n music Lively||-||22||33||45||-||-||-||-||-|