Name: Emi Toshiba
Age: 18 (SuperNOVA→Present)
Likes: Collecting records, snacks, orange juice
Hates: Things related to computers and cell phones.
Introduced in: DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX
EMI's family run an electronics store, and she's a whiz with machines, but not so good with computers. After graduating from high school, she studied at an electronics academy. With her classmates, she develops dance robots to parcitipate in robot contests (her area of specialty: cheering -- bringing honey lemon preservatives).
"I finally completed building the "dance-bot" that I have been working on since I was at the technical institute. I have no doubt about my robot winning the competition!"
She passed the audition for a popular dance program. "Watch me everyone! I'm going to do my best!". She spends all of her free time practicing her dancing.
- EMI's parents run an electronics store, while RAGE's parents run a liquour store. The parents of Eiichi "A1" Yoshioka, DanceDanceRevolution 3rdMIX's character designer, met when they worked separetely in an electronics and liquor store in the same shopping center.
- Her special skill is soldering and the abacus.
- She is named after the now defunct record label TOSHIBA-EMI, who owned the Intercord Japan/i-DANCE label and their nonstop mixed CD series, Dancemania.
- Ironically, TOSHIBA-EMI was purchased by Universal Music Japan, whose parent company is YUNI's namesake.
- Part of the Burning and POPS-sideA- duos, along with RAGE.
- A model of hatless EMI appears in DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX, but only at random.
- It eventually appeared as an unlockable in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS (Japan), named EMI(unpublished).
- EMI is the little dancing icon next to the BPM in DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX's songwheel.
- It's suggested that she and her classmates built CONCENT Be-fU.
- EMI has a song dedicated to her in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE2, titled Emi's Song.
- EMI appears in a screenshot of DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3, however she's not a playable character in the final version of the game. Her outfit is available as an unlock, though.
- EMI appears in the TV show The Michael J Fox Show, on the episode Neighbor.
- She also appeared on the Japanese TV show Osaka Honwaka TV (大阪ほんわかテレビ).
- EMI and OTOBEAR appear in an illustration of the Triple Journey website.
- EMI appears as a mask in ミライダガッキ FutureTomTom.
- EMI's unlockable skin in the NEW Generation 流星拡散フェスタ2016 event is inspired after the character on JOMANDA's jacket.
There were actually two different competing visions for this character. In the end, we decided to make her cute, which made both sides happy. She's a sharp dresser!
- ABSOLUTE (video)
- ABSOLUTE (Cuff -N- Stuff it Mix) (video)
- CARNIVAL DAY (background)
- Dance Dance Revolution (video)
- GRADUATION ～それぞれの明日～ (background, jacket, video)
- LOVE IS THE POWER -Re:born- (video)
- Morning Glory (banner)
- RHYTHM AND POLICE (K.O.G G3 MIX) (background)
- She is my wife (video)
- Sweet Sweet ♥ Magic (background, jacket)
- Thank You Merry Christmas (jacket)
- The History of the Future (video)
- #OurMemories (jacket)
pop'n music 16 PARTY♪
pop'n music peace
- Come to Life - recycled sprite from 華爛漫 -Flowers-.
|Arcade Series Characters||AFRO - LADY - KONSENTO:01 - OSHARE-ZUKIN - DISK-BEINGS - MARK-BEINGS - DREAD - JANET - KONSENTO:02 - KAERU-ZUKIN - BOLDO - TRACY - RAGE - EMI - KONSENTO:03|
DEVIL-ZUKIN - ASTRO - CHARMY - JOHNNY - JENNY - ROBO 2000 - MAID-ZUKIN - KONSENTO:03/2 - IZAM - NI-NA - AKIRA - YUNI - ROBO 2001 - PRINCESS-ZUKIN
SPIKE - MAHO - BABY-LON - ALICE - NAOKI - NMR - ROBO-ZUKIN - GUS - RUBY - JULIO - CONCENT Be-fU - DARK-ZUKIN - CONCENT Kyo-fU
ZERO - BONNIE - Louis-CONCENT III - QUEEN-ZUKIN - VICTORY CONCENT - GEISHA ZUKIN - RINON - Rena - PiX
|Console Series Characters||TAMAKO - SPACE-MAN - MAMEO - COW-KO - U1 - 2MB - TRAIN - BUS - BLUES - RHYTHM - DRUM - BASS - J.C. - SA-JA - B' - HONEY|
Doll RHYTHM - Domi - U.G. - Root - Chordia - Harmony - Gaku - Danca - Pia - Forte - Gliss - Sharp - jun
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.