Artist: kors k
Composition/Arrangement: kors k
Genre: ENERGETIC HAWAIIAN TRANCE
VJ: alo (overlays by Fukutomi WAVE)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended remixed version of Kailua, titled kailua (StripE Mix), can be found on the Energetic Trance Presents StripE Collection album.
- A remix of Kailua by xac, titled Kailua -xac tropical ocean mix-, appears on the beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE exclusive album BEMANI ULTIMATE REMIXes.
- Kailua is part of beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem's WORLD TOUR series of unlocks, representing Hawaii, USA.
- Kailua is a town outside of Honolulu, HI (Oahu), in which kors k visited during his trip to the Hawaiian island of Oahu where he was booked by Firestarters Nightlife Promotions to perform at the bi-annual event "ENERGIZE HAWAII" held in Chinatown on January 9th, 2010. MUNETICA and ARISA also performed alongside kors k at this event and it was their first time performing outside of Japan.
- Kailua means "two seas" in Hawaiian.
- During the beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem location tests, Kailua was a default song.
- Also, its genre was misspelled as ENERGETIC HAWAIAN TRANCE.
- Kailua is one of the Refle unlockable songs in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!!. It can be purchased from the Reflec Shop for 1500 Refle, after clearing the song in the Long Test (ロング検定) in REFLEC Dojo.
- Kailua has never been available on a REFLEC BEAT original soundtrack.
- Kailua received alternate charts with HELL CHARGE notes, labeled Kailua (HCN Ver.), in beatmania IIDX 23 copula.
- Kailua can be unlocked from August 9th, 2016, in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
- With its inclusion in beatmania IIDX 24 SINOBUZ's 9th Dan course, Kailua (HCN Ver.)'s ANOTHER chart is the first chart from the LEGGENDARIA Folder to be included in a beatmania IIDX game's Dan ranking system.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, Kailua was revived on October 18th, 2018.
Song Production Information
At the request of L.E.D. (sound director), he asked "Make a song about Hawaii!"
I thought "If you want me to make a song about it, do you want me to include a ukelele?"
It just happened that the request was made just before I went to Hawaii for a DJ gig, so I was able to take some pictures and get some inspiration for the song.
(It was a bit funny that the day after I took the pictures, I had to return home)
On the day I went to Kailua, I went to the beach of the same name.
Anyways, it was so beautiful that I wondered whether I was in a dream or in reality, and I feel that it was one of the best places I have been.
So when Munetica and I went to the DJ concert, she said "You should make a song based on your Hawaiian experience", so the genre is partially based upon my memories of Hawaii (laughs)
I do think for a kors k song, this one has a great opening.
Everyone in Kailua, Hawaii, please play this song!
Video Production Information
When I think of Hawaii, I think of a beautiful tanned woman, lying underneath an umbrella, wearing nice sunglasses and drinking juice...
For me, Fukutomi WAVE, this thought was the first one in my mind, but in reality, much of the Hawaiian culture still remains rooted in mystery, but it is still a beautiful place.
Coincidentally, I went to Hawaii last year and went to Kailua beach, which became the title for this song.
The clear blue sea, illuminated with light.
The cloudless sky, all the way to the horizon. The glistening white sand beach.
The scene was so beautiful that no travel brochure or picture in Japan could describe it.
I imagined the natural beauty of Kailua along with the setting sun to create the movie for the song Kailua.
Please enjoy this.
(As an aside, I enjoyed the sun a little too much while there and got a bad scabby sunburn on the top of my head)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and Textage.cc.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes||-||268 / 58||708 / 116||1125 / 140||-||429 / 81||740 / 108||1120 / 140||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||5||9||11||-||4||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||5||9||11||-||4||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||5||9||11||-||-||-||-||-|
HCN Ver. Charts
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Hell Charge Notes||-||268 / 58||708 / 116||1125 / 140||-||429 / 81||740 / 108||1120 / 140||-|
|beatmania IIDX 23 copula→24 SINOBUZ||-||5||9||11||-||4||9||12||-|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!!→groovin'!! Upper||4||8||10+||-|
|REFLEC BEAT VOLZZA→VOLZZA 2||4||8||11||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||8||10+||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||6||10||13||-|
|JAPAN TOUR / WORLD TOUR|
|JAPAN TOUR||Dances with Snow Fairies - DM STAR ～関西 energy style～ - ELECTRIC MASSIVE DIVER - Raise your hands|
WE LOVE SHONAN
|JAPAN TOUR Revival Unlocks||LOVE♥SHINE - Pink Rose - Under the Sky - ヒマワリ - 真夏の花・真夏の夢|
|WORLD TOUR||Breaking the ground - Hardcore Mania - Kailua - Let The Track Flow - LIFE SCROLLING - PARADISE LOST|
THE BLACK KNIGHT - perditus†paradisus