Talk:AC DDR A20
- 1 Difficulty Changes
- 2 Are there cabinet exclusives actually?
- 3 Round1 announcement
- 4 Score data
- 5 Legend licenses being gold colored
- 6 New Era's position in the Golden League chart
- 7 Removed songs from NA version
- 8 Gold cabinet region exclusivity
- 9 Region locked song availability on DDR A20 NA
- 10 New Charts section listing event unlockable charts
- 11 11th Golden League
- 12 "New/Total" songs wording
Are there cabinet exclusives actually?
Right now, we have both The Light and Have You Never Been Mellow remix listed as exclusive to the new gold cabs. However, I'm noticing in the announcement images for the two, there's no mention of said exclusivity, with only a hint of that being the case for The Light with an image of the cab in the announcement photo (which could just be saying it's in the game), and nothing seeming to point to it for Have You Never Been Mellow. --RimeTM (Talk) 15:05, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
- The Light got moved to the main songlist, and yeah, I don't see anything about exclusivity for Have You Never Been Mellow, unless a different spot hinted at that. Cartoon Heroes's remix announcement DOES say it's exclusive though. I feel like it might be ambiguous with seemingly no hint of an update for existing cabinets running Ace (and some stuff, like rating adjustments, being applied to both A and A20). --Thunderbird (talk) 03:40, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
Round1 has mentioned on their website that "DDR A Gold version" is coming to their stores at some point in the future. It's also listed as a Round1 exclusive, which is rather curious. Should probably refrain from adding any TBA stuff due to that. --Thunderbird (talk) 03:47, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- These could be imports of the Japanese machines for all we know. We have 0 info. --M.B. (talk) 09:29, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
It looks like score data is not "carried over" from DDR A, but A and A20 are sharing data. At least for the time being. The website shows that I have data for A20, but I haven't touched the game. For other games, one has to actually use their pass on the new version, and once this is done, nothing done afterwards on the previous version can be transferred (though when the next version is delivered by a network update, this is meaningless, as the previous version is no longer officially accessible). Also, the DDR selection mention should not be under the score data bullet, IMO, but rather its own top level bullet point. --Thunderbird (talk) 04:21, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- Since the previous protection expired and nobody has said anything here (and I've gotten the opportunity to actually play the game myself and double-check the above stuff), I've gone ahead and adjusted things based on what I said above. --Thunderbird (talk) 03:10, 23 June 2019 (UTC)
Legend licenses being gold colored
I don't know which update did this, as it's been a couple weeks since I last played, and it looks like there were a couple updates to the game during that time. --Thunderbird (talk) 03:17, 28 July 2019 (UTC)
New Era's position in the Golden League chart
Probably a little late to be pointing this out, since New Era will be moving after the current Golden League round, which ends in a couple days. But New Era is not yet accessible to the Silver Class, only Avenger is playable for those at the Silver Class level. It won't be accessible for Silver Class until after the Golden League round ends. --Thunderbird (talk) 19:36, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
- Added a note clarifying when rewards are given. Thanks! --FinalOffset (talk) 19:46, 4 August 2019 (UTC)
- Give Me moved to silver class, but when the period ends. --VR0 (talk) 22:15, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
- Due to the fortuitous case, phase 11 of the golden league will not apply the demotion. Fortitous message (in japanese) via Twitter. --VR0 (talk) 23:06, 4 March 2020 (UTC)
Removed songs from NA version
The list appears to be at five songs total, three of which are mentioned in the changes section. Is it necessary to mention the full list in the Changes section, AND the removed songs section? Seems a bit redundant to me. --Thunderbird (talk) 03:41, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Gold cabinet region exclusivity
I'm not sure where exactly to put this, but I think it should be mentioned somewhere that the 20th anniversary cabinets are Japan exclusive. The Round1 cabs are the JP version, and have all five songs (aside from the gold cab exclusives) that the NA version does not. I meant to type this in my last edit summary, but my finger hit the Enter key before I managed to get that in. --Thunderbird (talk) 02:10, 14 October 2019 (UTC)
Region locked song availability on DDR A20 NA
I have some issues with that blurb that was added earlier this morning:
- Which maintenance window is it? Presumably the Japanese window would have zero effect on the North American version (it has always remained online during the Asian maintenance window), but if there is a North American maintenance window, it is very early in the morning (I remember the HEAT POWER on DDR A running out at 3 or 4 in the morning).
- If these songs are not supposed to be there, there is very little doubt to me that it will be fixed, as leaving that unfixed could pose problems for Konami.
- I don't think the EU version of the game has released yet? Though a Google Docs list of songs unavailable on the EU location tests doesn't list the EXIT TUNES songs.
- It's during the American maintenance window, it will probably be patched at some point and the EU version isn't available for sale yet but the location test version very likely is going to be the final version we recieve as there is no online connection here to get the game updated beyond August 2019. --Lmaosams (talk) 19:43, 8 November 2019 (GMT)
- The 4 region locked songs on NA A20 are still playable during maintenance(NA Extended maintenance was today). I'm interested to see whether this is still the case or not with each new update, so will gladly monitor this.
- --fygar939 (talk) 01:19, 17 March 2020 (UTC)
New Charts section listing event unlockable charts
Other pages don't do this, such as DanceDanceRevolution (2014) and beatmania IIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE (I'm disregarding previous IIDX versions since LEGGENDARIA charts before HV were separate song entries). --Thunderbird (talk) 19:40, 2 January 2020 (UTC)
- They should have though. pop'n music pages do this and I remember that other games do as well. I'm going to add them later. --FinalOffset (talk) 02:43, 3 January 2020 (UTC)
11th Golden League
Konami has announced that there will be no demotions for this period, and the demotion level score is listed as - for all levels (instead of just for Bronze). https://twitter.com/DDR_573/status/1235114014016827393 --Thunderbird (talk) 22:41, 8 March 2020 (UTC)