Composition/Arrangement: Satoru Nakata
pop'n music Genre: DREAMY (ドリーミー)
pop'n music Character: BOY [CS1-3P]
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 3 APPEND DISC
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- penguin is an arrangement of the game start jingle of KONAMI's Antarctic Adventure (けっきょく南極大冒険, Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibouken) game.
- A long version of penguin appears on the pop'n music★Inst Best album.
- A sequel to penguin, titled Seal, can be found in pop'n music 6 CS.
- Antarctic Adventure's protagonist is the penguin Penta. The son of Penta, Pentarou, is one of the playable characters in several KONAMI titles.
- In pop'n music 3 CS and pop'n music Best Hits!, penguin's character was BOY [CS1-2P]. This BOY palette was a 1P color on the CS releases, except in pop'n music CS.
- penguin is playable in pop'n music 7 as the 3rd STAGE of the NAKATEK Course (ナカテクコース).
- It received 5-Buttons and Battle NORMAL charts in pop'n music 7.
- penguin received new HYPER and EX charts in pop'n music peace, as part of the pop'n time trip -prologue- (ポップンタイムトリップ プロローグ) event. These charts could be unlocked from February 14th, 2019 to February 19th, 2020 by filling out 4 stamps of the third pop'n music CS card.
- penguin's HYPER and EX charts use its NORMAL chart's keysounds, filling with non-keysounded notes for the rest of the charts.
- Unlike the other charts, penguin's HYPER and EX charts feature Highlight Zones.
A bright techno. Fantastic and nice melody.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts taken from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||137 / 0||242 / 0||488 / 3||756 / 4||242||-|
|pop'n music 3 CS||-||14||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 7 CS||6||12||-||-||12||-|
|pop'n music Best Hits!||4||12||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 7||6||↓12||-||-||12||-|
|pop'n music 9→20 fantasia||↓4||12||-||-||12||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→うさぎと猫と少年の夢||-||18||-||-||12||-|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||18||30||40||12||-|
Other chart not shown on the above table:
- pop'n music 3 CS's BEGINNER chart: total notes: 137.