Pop'n Xmas 2004 ~tenshi no utagoe~
Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～
Composition: Franz Xaver Gruber; James Lord Pierpont; unknown; Arthur Warrell
Arrangement: Kenji Suzuki, Hiroyuki Togo
Lyrics: Joseph Mohr (trans. John Freeman Young); James Lord Pierpont; Isaac Watts; English West Country traditional
Vocals: Snowberry Kids
pop'n music Genre: Xmas PRESENTS (クリスマスプレゼント)
pop'n music Character: pop'n Xmas 
pop'n CG design: shio, ちひろ, and あまもん。 (designs and animation), CS staff (movie)
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 10 CS
Other Music Game Appearances:
[Silent Night] Silent night, holy night All is calm, all is bright. Round yon virgin mother and child. Holy infant so tender and mild. Sleep in heavenly peace. Sleep in heavenly peace. [Joy to the World] Joy to the world! The Lord is come. Let earth receive her King. Let every heart prepare Him room. And heaven and nature sing. And heaven and nature sing. And heaven and heaven and nature sing. [Jingle Bells] Jingle bells, jingle bells. Jingle all the way, Oh, what fun it is to ride In a one-horse open sleigh. Yeah! Jingle bells, jingle bells. Jingle all the way. Oh, what fun it is to ride In a one-horse open sleigh. [We Wish You a Merry Christmas] We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas, And a Happy New Year. Merry Christmas!
Song Connections / Remixes
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is a vocal version of Session X'Mas, from ギタドラ! GUITARFREAKS 4thMIX & drummania 3rdMIX.
- Another Christmas related song with a similar title, Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～電子ノウタゴエ～, can be found in pop'n music 12 いろは.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- The characters, in order, shown in Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～'s animations: Mimi, Nyami, risette, MUTSUKI, Alt, Ruri, TSURARA, Up-Up, Johnny D, VANTAIN, SUNNY, UNCLE Jam, TECHNO STARS, BAMBOO, Smile, Liddell, Alice, poto, SORAMAME, NANAKO, Jyorgy, Eva, BOY, HOSHIO, HAYATA, Laicars, Ash, RIE-chan, Machuchu, DiNO, MILK, JUDY, Mary, SHOLLKEE, Sugi-kun, Reo-kun, Cyber, PAL, OTOKO-MAN, YOSHIO, John.A.Chopper, UNO, 2st, WAKA-san, FORCE, 壱ノ妙, 六, Murasaki, Kagetora, MEBAE, PIERRE&JILL, MZD, Mac, TOBY-S, BoB2002, nana, ししゃも, むぎばたけ, Poet, Kobe, Timer, kurumi, Kobe, Anzu, and Sanday.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is unlocked by default on any PlayStation 2 whose calendar is set on December 25th, 2004 or later.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is the only new unlockable song in pop'n music 10 CS that was not present in pop'n music 11 CS.
- It also marks the only hidden CS song in the entire console pop'n music series outside of pop'n music 13 カーニバル CS to not be available in the next CS pop'n music game.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is not included on the pop'n music SUPER BEST BOX collection.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is one of the unlocks of the pop'n time trip -prologue- (ポップンタイムトリップ プロローグ) event. It could be unlocked from December 20th, 2018 to February 19th, 2020 by filling out ten stamps of the second pop'n music CS card.
- It received a new banner and portrait in pop'n music peace.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～'s EASY, NORMAL, HYPER and EX charts received Highlight Zones in pop'n music peace. Besides adding Highlight Zones, its EASY chart is exactly the same as its old 5-Buttons chart.
- As of August 13th, 2020, it is available by default.
- Despite using the same background as Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～電子ノウタゴエ～ in the CS games, it does not have a background in the arcade pop'n music titles.
- Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～'s EASY, NORMAL, HYPER and EX charts were re-rated in pop'n music peace on December 21st, 2018.
- Before this update, Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ was briefly tied with Seal for the lowest rated EX chart in the arcade pop'n music series, at Level 28.
- In pop'n music 10 CS, Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～'s character was pop'n Xmas [CS10]. The speed of some animations of this "video" character was changed when it was used in Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～電子ノウタゴエ～, in order to fit the song.
- However, in the arcade pop'n music titles, Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ uses Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～電子ノウタゴエ～'s video instead, making the animations to be desynchronized with the song.
- Despite debuting in pop'n music 10 CS, Pop'n Xmas 2004 ～天使ノウタゴエ～ is absent from the pop'n music CS folder in the pop'n music arcade titles.
- It also doesn't appear in the BEMANI category, despite being based on a song from the GuitarFreaks & DrumMania series.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts from Pop'n Music Fever.)
|pop'n music 10 CS||7||10||21||26||8||12|
|pop'n music peace (original ratings)||↓7||↓10||↓21||↓28||8||12|
|pop'n music peace→Present||↑9||↑16||↑27||↑34||↑11||↑15|