Artist: 金獅子 VS 麒麟
Composition/Arrangement: Kinjishi, Kirin
Genre: DUAL ANTIQUE
VJ: ? (overlays by NAGI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- The version of Broken Sword that was played at the 4thKAC BEMANI SPECIAL LIVE in JAEPO 2015 did not have the fade-out at the end. This version is not available on an original soundtrack.
- Broken Sword is the final boss song of the Chrono Seeker event of beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL.
- Broken Sword marks the first time Takayuki Ishikawa composes a song under his 金獅子 alias since 嘆きの樹 in beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD.
- It also marks the first time that Takayuki Ishikawa collaborates with another artist under his 金獅子 alias.
- Broken Sword marks the first time a CARDINAL GATE alias is used in a collaboration since VOX UP from beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS.
- The boss in Broken Sword's overlays is a demon named Laplacia.
- Laplacia refers to Laplace's Demon, the first published articulation of causal or scientific determinism by Pierre-Simon Laplace in 1814. According to determinism, if someone (the Demon) knows the precise location and momentum of every atom in the universe, their past and future values for any given time are entailed; they can be calculated from the laws of classical mechanics.
- Broken Sword's song comments in the beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL website are written in Pseudo-Chinese, which is grammatically Japanese but stripping away the hiragana and katakana, leaving only the kanji, causing the resultant sentence to appear as Chinese.
- Reference data for Broken Sword can be found in the beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA song data, alhough it had no ID data in the game itself.
- Broken Sword is one of the qualifying round songs in the The 8th KONAMI Arcade Championship for beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage.
- Broken Sword is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.8.
Song Production Information
I tried to stop Kirin from losing control. I couldn't, lest something happened.
Losing control was inevitable, with the fast piano sounds and the low bass.
I wasn't careful. With some effort, the Kinjinshi VS Kirin collaboration created "Broken Sword", the ultimate in modern music. I'm good.
I am Kirin, the reclusive survivor.
This song, my first, "Broken Sword", is a collaboration with my brother, Kinjinshi.
We played. I smiled. He laughed.
We, with our swords, shall fight. (But broken swords can't kill.)
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.(Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL→Present||-||7||10||12||-||6||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||12||-||6||9||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||7||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|New Songs||COLOSSEUM - ろぴかる倶楽部 - Light My Fire - 時空トラベローグ - Symmetry - NEO GENERATOR SEVEN - Broken Sword|
|Revivals and CS Transplants||in motion - tripping contact - IXION - Beyond The Earth|