Foundation of our love
Foundation of our love
Artist: dj TAKA feat.ASAKO
Composer/Arrangement: dj TAKA
Genre: TRANCE (トランス)
pop'n music Character: TRAN 
pop'n CG design: tera and shio
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 6
Other Music Game Appearances:
So don't let troubles bring you down Leaving the foundation of our love So don't let troubles bring you down Leaving the foundation of our dreams I'm so in love with you Whatever you wanna do it's alright with me You make me feel so brand new You're the one I need tonight And I wish upon a star This love is for real Let's stay together Don't let go Cause it's just a step from heaven Soon you'll find And this trip of love is on our sides We can be the lucky ones
Song Connections / Remixes
- Most of Foundation of our love's lyrics are taken from songs by the band ETERNAL. The songs are: Just A Step From Heaven, Let's Stay Together, and This Love's For Real.
- The lines "So don't let troubles bring you down", "Believe in the foundation of our love", and "Don't let go / 'Coz it's just a step from heaven", "Soon you'll find" are from Just A Step From Heaven.
- "I'm so in love with you", "Whatever you wanna do", "Is alright with me", "You make me feel so brand new" are from Let's Stay Together.
- "Baby you're the one I need tonight / And I wish upon a star" is taken from This Love's For Real.
- The full version of Foundation of our love appears on the pop'n music 6 original soundtrack CD.
- An eurobeat remix of Foundation of our love by DJ Command, titled Foundation of You (DJ Command mix), appears in pop'n music 18 せんごく列伝.
- This remix replaced Foundation of our love, which was removed that very same game.
- Foundation of our love is the first appearance of TRAN in the pop'n music series. Her design was redone for pop'n music by tera and shio, including darker blue eyes and the addition of larger, more individual fingers on each of her hands.
- Currently, Foundation of our love is the only original composed pop'n music song with TRAN as the rival character.
- According to dj TAKA, Foundation of our love was first made as a long song, and then edited to game size for pop'n music. (This is why the game size edit of the song ends in a fade-out.)
- Foundation of our love's BEGINNER chart in beatmania IIDX 8th style CS is identical to its LIGHT7 chart.
- Foundation of our love was supposed to be included on beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST, as it was originally listed on the revivals list on the official web site. However, it does not appear in the final version of the game.
- Foundation of our love is the only pop'n music 6 song removed in pop'n music 18 せんごく列伝.
Song Production Information
pop'n music 6 song. Because it wasn't in 8, I resurrected it in IIDX.
Actually, this song is among my very favorites.
Though if you listen, you might catch a glimpse of some poor composition at times in the song (laughs), and what I consider mediocre melodies/phases at times to me.
This is a Level 1 song on LIGHT7, so I recommend it to those starting off to be recommended to play this song by their friends.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7+ in 8th and 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in 11 IIDX RED, and 1 to 12 from 12 HAPPY SKY onward.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style→9th style||-||1||6||N/A||1||7||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style→11 IIDX RED||-||↑2||6||N/A||↑2||7||N/A|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||2||6||7||2||↑8||10|
|beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD→15 DJ TROOPERS||-||2||6||7||2||↑9||10|
|beatmania IIDX 8th style CS||1||1||6||6||1||7||7|
|pop'n music 6||8||16||31||-||※30||-|
|pop'n music 7||?||16||↑32||-||※30||-|
|pop'n music 9→10||↓6||16||32||-||16||30|
|pop'n music 11→17 THE MOVIE||6||16||↓30||-||16||30|
|pop'n music 5 CS||8||19||28||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6 CS||8||16||31||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Best Hits!||6||16||32||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 12 いろは CS||6||16||30||-||16||30|
※ The notecount of this chart correspond to the later HYPER chart of Battle Mode.