GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-
GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-
Composition: KONAMI Kukeiha Club
Length: 1:58 (beatmania IIDX, pop'n music, ポップンリズミン), 1:40 (Toy'sMarch)
beatmania IIDX Genre: GAME MUSIC
pop'n music Genre: GRADIUS (グラディウス)
pop'n music Character: VIC VIPER / LORD BRITISH 
pop'n CG designer: ミコシバ
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 10th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- is a remixed medley of various songs from the arcade version of GRADIUS.
- The songs, in order of appearance: COIN→空中戦→第1ステージ→第2ステージ / 第3ステージ→第4ステージ→第5ステージ→第6ステージ→第7ステージ→BOSS→GAME OVER→RANKING BGM.
- A remastered, extended version of GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- appears as a bonus in Burning Heat!【2020 Re:build】's video.
- In the Toy'sMarch series, グラディウスメドレー is slightly shorter, lacking the RANKING BGM section at the end.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- In GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-'s video, which consists of a playthrough of GRADIUS, the player gets a GAME OVER despite clearly having lives remaining on the life counter.
- By scratching the turntable when there are no scratch notes, the player can hear sound effects from GRADIUS.
- When you finish GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- in pop'n music, you can play various sound effects with all nine buttons for a few seconds before the WIN/LOSE animation begins.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- is a hidden song in pop'n music 11. To unlock it:
- On any non-FINAL STAGE, enter the following code on the song selection screen: 4466373728. The GRADIUS coin insert sound will be heard if this is done correctly.
- Then clear one of the following songs from "classic" KONAMI games: ぼくってウパ？, HOLiDAY, GOONIES"R"GOOD ENOUGH, or penguin.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- will be available to play on your next STAGE.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- is also one of the hidden song unlocks in pop'n music 11's POP'N TOURIST (ポップンツーリスト) event. It could be unlocked from May 19th, 2004 through June 30th, 2004 by reaching STAGE 25.
- As of June 30th, 2004, it is unlocked for everyone to play.
- When selected in pop'n music 11, the GRADIUS coin insert sound (the beginning of GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-) is played instead of the usual "Here we go!".
- The 2P character of GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-, LORD BRITISH, was misspelled as LOAD BRITISH in pop'n music 11. This was corrected in pop'n music 12 いろは.
- Despite both pop'n music 11 and beatmania IIDX 10th style being released nearly at the same time, the pre-Sunny Park BEMANI category of pop'n music counted GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- as a pop'n music song instead of a crossover from beatmania IIDX.
- According to Mr.T in the pop'n music song comments for GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-, the most difficult part of the song for him was choosing the opening coin-up sound. He notes it took him an entire day to get a sound that sounded just right.
- According to pop'n music 11 sound director wac's song comments for GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-, he wanted to include beatmania IIDX 10th style crossovers from dj TAKA and NAOKI in pop'n music 11, but noted that the near-simultaneous production cycles of beatmania IIDX 10th style and pop'n music 11 resulted in those potential crossovers being shelved. GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- ended up being the only 10th style crossover.
- In Toy'sMarch2, GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- is titled グラディウスメドレー.
- グラディウスメドレー is one of the Phase 3 hidden songs of Toy'sMarch2.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- received an EASY chart on December 12th, 2012 in pop'n music Sunny Park, replacing its old 5-Buttons chart.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- can be unlocked from April 12th, 2016 on beatmania IIDX INFINITAS' Akashic Explore event.
- GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- also appears in Tokimeki Idol (ときめきアイドル) and SMASHSTADIUM (スマッシュスタジアム).
- In SMASHSTADIUM, GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- is titled as グラディウス -FULL SPEED- on its banner.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Name: VIC VIPER
Birthplace: Planet Gradius
Birthdate: Unknown (May 29th)
In order to protect our planet Gradius, Super Dimension fighter, VIC VIPER, has now taken off into the darkness of the universe. We're not able to save GRADIUS without you. With courage and focus, now, event launch!
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
Toy'sMarch difficulty rated from 1 to 5. Renda notes are counted as 1 note.
ポップンリズミン difficulty rated from 1 to 10. (Ratings and notecounts from Pop'n Music Fever, BEMANIWiki 2nd, and tminfo.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style||-||4||6||N/A||-||3||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED||1||4||↑7||N/A||-||3||6||N/A||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY||1||4||↑8||10||-||3||↑7||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||4||8||10||-||3||7||10||-|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||4||8||10||-||3||7||↑11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 10th style CS||-||4||6||6||-||3||6||6||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||4||8||10||-||3||7||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||4||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|
|Easy||Normal||Hyper||EX||Normal||Hyper||5B Hyper||7 Button||7B Hyper|
|pop'n music 11→20 fantasia||11||19||32||39||25||32||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→Present||※6||25||↑40||45||25||32||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 11 CS||11||19||32||39||25||32||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 12 いろは CS||11||19||32||39||25||32||-||-||-|
|pop'n music portable||※9||19||32||※39||25||-||15||18||32|
※ Denotes chart has been revised from the corresponding AC chart:
- pop'n music portable 5-Button NORMAL chart: total notes: 167.
- pop'n music portable EX chart: total notes: 993.
- EASY chart: total notes: 167.
|POP'N TOURIST (ポップンツーリスト)|
|ROUTE B||ANAHONIKUY -雪の華PuzzLeMix- - 烏 - 夜間行殺法|
|ROUTE C||monde des songe (HYPER/EX) - YOUNG DREAM (HYPER) - ロマンス|
|ROUTE D||INNOVATION (HYPER/EX) - Line Times - School Life|
|STAGES 20-25||クラゲータ (STAGE 20) - テンプラ揚三 (STAGE 22) - A change of probability (STAGE 23) - GRADIUS -FULL SPEED- (STAGE 25)|
|STAGES 26-30||D-groove REQ (STAGE 26) - でんがなマンガナ (STAGE 28) - ワルドック船長のブルース (STAGE 30/GOAL)|