Wiki Edit Rules
Last updated September 10th, 2020.
Wiki edit rules
Over the last couple of years some people who use RemyWiki have asked for a guideline of what can and cannot be done on this wiki. And that's a fair enough question. For years, RemyWiki has been pretty lenient on the rules and the admins seldom, if ever, had to do anything other than a few edit reverts and block spammers. However, since 2016, there have been an increasing amount of edits - mainly involving DanceDanceRevolution - that have resulted in having to temporarily block pages, and in one case even having to ban a user, which we had not done on the wiki for a non-spammer since 2007.
As such, here are a list of RemyWiki Dos and Do-Nots. This list may change over time as we add more BEMANI series in the future, amongst other things.
- Do make pages for songs that currently do not have any, such as the many jubeat plus and REFLEC BEAT plus songs not covered on this wiki.
- Do update pages with newly announced songs/events.
- Do update any missing information from old arcade BEMANI pages (i.e. hidden song requirements, event dates, unlock event information, codes, etc.).
- Do add information on song removals from games.
- Do add lyrics to songs still needing them. Official lyrics from soundtracks are encouraged.
- Do add composition credits to songs.
- Do fill in missing notecounts for songs.
- Do replace any song/game pages with outdated templates to newer ones.
- Do discuss content on the Talk pages.
- NO EDITING WARS. Edit wars include reverting back a page down by an admin or making "counter" edits to a page unless new information is added (such as notecounts). You will be given a warning the first time you do this, and a temp ban for any future ones. Several repeated offences may result in a permanent banning.
- Do not make micro edits every couple of minutes to a page. Going back once or twice if you're missing something is fine, but please don't overdo it.
- Do not add lyrics to songs that entirely use vocal samples, i.e. Brain Power. These will be eliminated immediately.
- Do not add personal opinions to Trivia on pages. Examples include:
- "A is widely considered the easiest 12 in IIDX".
- "*insert SDVX song here* is widely considered a 20 and not a 19".
- "*song title* might be related to *song title*".
- speculation about song artists, i.e. "this song is speculated to be kors k", unless there is strong evidence to support a claim via official information. Feel free to talk about artist speculation on the respective song's Talk page.
- The only exceptions to this rule are songs done by in-house BEMANI artists after the implantation of BEMANI Sound Team, as outside of OSTs, KONAMI seldom if ever acknowledges who composed their songs.
- Do not add story information on BEMANI game pages unless relevant to the plot of the game. A brief summary is fine, but several paragraphs long about a cutscene in DanceDanceRevolution is not.
- Do not change/move a song's page name unless it got a re-naming from KONAMI themselves. Doing this without discussing on the Talk page beforehand will also result in a temp ban.
- Sharing unnecessary/private information about a composer/artist to their pages. Examples include: their sexual orientation, private websites/social pages, any information that is only on a private twitter account, or unauthorized pictures of them.
- Do not upload .JPG images. Please use .PNG images.
The following is flat-out not allowed on this wiki. Period.
- Starting a Talk page for a song/game without adding anything to it, or adding a simple "Hello"/jokey comment such as "did Konami rick-roll us with this Rick Astley license?". Any future instances of this will be met with a warning. Repeat offenses will result in a ban. If you want to talk about yourself, keep it to your own Talk page.
- Asking for links/downloads of songs, games, or anything piracy related.
- Uploading any pictures of m@sumi.
- Mentioning Akira Complex, M-Project or aran's real-life names anywhere on this wiki.
- Making a page for HachiojiP.
- Making pages for any non-BEMANI game title. We only cover BEMANI games on this wiki.
- Posting song/video information only in Japanese to pages.
- Adding datamined content to a currently active arcade BEMANI game. Examples include: songs (and notecharts) not formerly announced, chart data for 12s on the launch of a new beatmania IIDX game, or leaked songlists for upcoming BEMANI titles. You will be temp banned for a minimum a week for this, even on the first offense. A repeat may result in termination.