PARANOIA survivor MAX
PARANOIA survivor MAX
Composition/Arrangement: NM SEQUENCE UNLIMITED
BPM: 73-290 (beatmania IIDX Single NORMAL/HYPER/ANOTHER, Double HYPER), 145-290 (DanceDanceRevolution), 290 (beatmania IIDX Double NORMAL)
Genre: JUNGLE MIXTURE
Jacket design: RICE.C
First Music Game Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- PARANOIA survivor MAX is part of the long-running PARANOiA series.
- A slower and shorter version of PARANOIA survivor MAX, titled PARANOIA survivor, also appears in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX appears as part of the medley Power 3 Industry Mix in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX was the hidden FINAL STAGE song of DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME. It appears instead of the original PARANOIA survivor by clearing PARANOiA Rebirth's HEAVY chart with a AA grade or higher during the 1st STAGE, and then clearing PARANOIA EVOLUTION's HEAVY chart with a AA grade or higher during the 2nd STAGE.
- With the 7th PASS (FINAL) unlock, it was unlocked for normal play on all stages.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX's DanceDanceRevolution charts are based on PARANOIA survivor's charts, but mirrored and slightly extended.
- PARANOiA survivor MAX's CHALLENGE charts were the first CHALLENGE charts to be rated Level 10 on the old DanceDanceRevolution difficulty scale.
- Although PARANOIA survivor MAX's BPM is displayed as 145-290 in DanceDanceRevolution, it actually slows down to 72.5 BPM at one point of the song.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX is the EXTRA STAGE song in beatmania IIDX 9th style.
- Following its removal from beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD, PARANOIA survivor MAX is also the first EXTRA STAGE song in beatmania IIDX to be removed from the arcades.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX's beatmania IIDX video features various references to DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- RICE.C, the maker of this video, was a video designer for DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- The man with the hat from the video originated in the DanceDanceRevolution background / jacket from The legend of MAX, and the man in the coat is from the background / jacket of TRIP MACHINE survivor. (Both songs also debuted in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.)
- Video clips of the men in a chase, the purple canister, and an assembly of a DanceDanceRevolution arcade cabinet, appear in several songs' backgrounds in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- The video includes the background / jacket art of all PARANOiA songs in DanceDanceRevolution at the time.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX is one of the only two new songs in beatmania IIDX 9th style not used in a course in either its arcade or CS counterpart, the other being OVER THE CLOUDS -Flying Grind mix-.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX received a unique video in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2. This video was carried to the arcade releases in DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA. This video is played full-screen and eliminates any on-screen dancers (except in DanceDanceRevolution S+).
- As with the beatmania IIDX and DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME videos, this video features the assembly of a DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME machine, but with extended scenes. This video also incorporates scenes with building blocks.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX received new graphics and a Double BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX4.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX's banner was updated in DanceDanceRevolution X, changing the title font.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX, PARANOIA survivor, and PARANOIA EVOLUTION are the only songs in the PARANOiA series that have the letter I capitalized on their titles.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX is the last song in the PARANOiA series to be arranged by Naoki Maeda.
- Music snippets for PARANOIA survivor MAX can be found in the game files for beatmania (2006); specifically, the song select and song confirmation clips of the song that play when it's accessed on EXTRA STAGE.
- It is likely leftover data from beatmania IIDX 9th style CS, considering there is no EXTRA STAGE system in beatmania.
- PARANOIA survivor MAX is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020) from January 5th, 2021 after purchasing its charts with BITs.
Song Production Information
This is the final evolution known as PARANOIA survivor MAX.
However, there's no nostalgia here.
Etched within this version are many memories over the passage of the last five years, a time when the only thing I knew I had to do was to keep running.
Indeed... as long as memories continue to shine within our hearts, then perhaps the word for "past" may not exist. Neither would the word "end".
Video Production Information
Nice to meet you. My name is RICE.C., and I was involved in DDR production.
DDR and 2DX have been linked with each other ever since the CLUB kit days, haven't they? I'm somewhat deeply moved. I've wanted to participate in creating a video for quite some time, so I'm very, very, very thankful & very grateful that I was invited.
Since this song is a crossover from EXTREME, I tried to remake the two men in a chase as they appeared in that game. Having said that, I redid almost everything aside from the assembly of the DDR cabinet.
It was my first time creating a full movie for a song, so every day working on it had my heart racing from the excitement. Originally, I planned to create the monochrome world turning into color scene for DDR, but it was cut during development due to space limitations. That's why I happily got revenge, although something didn't turn out well. How shameful.
Just before the deadline, I had a terrible dream of a man wearing sunglasses chasing me around. He kept chasing me even though I hid and hid. It was really scary.
Everyone, please also try playing DDR if possible!
I'd like to create movies again.
Those who gave their best effort are amazing! Remarkable! The PARA-kings!
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated 1 to 7+ in 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||7||N/A||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→13 DistorteD||-||5||↑8||9||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 9th style CS||-||5||7||7||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS (2020)||-||5||8||9||-||5||7||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||121 / 0||258 / 2||377 / 2||567 / 5||613 / 4 / 0||258 / 2||375 / 3||533 / 3||613 / 4 / 0|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP||3||5||8||10||10||6||8||10||10|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME2 / Dancing Stage Max||3||5||8||10||10||6||8||10||10|
|DanceDanceRevolution X CS JP||5||9||11||15||16||9||11||15||16|