Song Connections / Remixes
- PARANOiA ETERNAL is part of the long-running PARANOiA series.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- During November and December 2000, KONAMI held DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX Artist Audition 2001 (DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX アーティストオーディション2001). One of the parts of the audition was a contest for remixing PARANOiA. The winner was 18 year-old Takeshi Matsumoto (松本健), with PARANOiA ETERNAL.
- PARANOiA ETERNAL, under the title PARANOiA ETERNAL (Audition Best Remix Tune), was then included on the NAOKI'S PREMIUM TRACKS album, which was a prize for the winners of DanceDanceRevolution 4thMIX PLUS' INTERNET RANKING.
- Takeshi Matsumoto later entered another BEMANI contest, the Boku mo watashi mo★pop'n artist! (ボクもワタシも★ポップンアーティスト!) contest for pop'n music 20 fantasia with しゃぼん. He didn't win.
- PARANOiA ETERNAL is the third song in the PARANOiA series that isn't arranged by Naoki Maeda, after PARANOiA KCET ～clean mix～ and PARANOiA MAX ～FUNKY BLEEP MIX～.
- Extended comments for PARANOiA ETERNAL appear on the DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX Artist Audition 2001 website, as well as BeForU's official website.
- B4U glorious style, DYNAMITE RAVE (Long ver.) and PARANOiA ETERNAL don't appear on the nonstop megamix of the DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK album.
- PARANOiA ETERNAL received new charts for all difficulties except Single LIGHT in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME, replacing its old charts which were written by STM himself.
- It also received a BEGINNER chart.
- PARANOiA ETERNAL's banner was updated in DanceDanceRevolution X, changing the title font.
- PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special) is one of the X-Special EXTRA STAGEs in DanceDanceRevolution X, which can be played from June 18th, 2009 by obtaining a AA rank or better on a Xmix song before the FINAL STAGE.
- As of October 1st, 2009, PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special) has been unlocked for normal play.
- Much like PARANOiA ETERNAL's original 5thMIX MANIAC chart, PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special)'s charts also contain a jackhammer section, but its Single CHALLENGE chart has one more note compared to the original's 14 notes.
- From DanceDanceRevolution X2 onwards, PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special) appears in the DanceDanceRevolution X folder instead of the 5thMIX folder.
- In DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX, PARANOiA ETERNAL's BPM is incorrectly displayed as 204.
- According to Aaron Chmielowiec's book Counting Combos on page 33, PARANOiA ETERNAL is jokingly referred to as PARANOiA YOJO (the word yojo meaning "little girl" in Japanese) by Takeshi Matsumoto's friends as an in-joke.
- Since June 1st, 2017 in DanceDanceRevolution A, PARANOiA ETERNAL(X-Special) no longer appears in the song selection screen if the player does not use an e-amusement pass.
Song Production Information
BeForU Official Website
This is a NEW version of PARANOiA by STM, who won the award in the DDR Audition REMIX contest. This was the first song STM created music for. It's a great achievement that he created a song at this level for the first time. I actually asked him to create this updated version in the studio of my workplace. After I saw his determined attitude and uncompromising passion during production, I'm glad that STM completed the song on his own as expected.
I hope you will play PARANOiA, which was reborn through a contest, at amusement spots across the country.
DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX Artist Audition 2001 Official Website
MESSAGE from MATSUMOTO(STM200)
I'm STM200, who won the REMIX contest.
There was actually a series of coincidences up until I created this song. I was near indifferent for a while after knowing about the audition on the KONAMI homepage, but somewhere in my heart, I had the feeling, "It would be cool to have such a PARANOiA in the game"... While returning home from playing at the arcade, I unexpectedly had an idea when I stopped at the railroad crossing in front of the train station. The rhythm of approaching train sounds and the sound of railroad crossings at regular intervals. "This is it!!" With this image as a starting point, I started creating this song, and my PARANOiA was finally completed.
If I didn't return home at the railroad crossing after dancing to "PARANOiA-evolution-" at the shop that day, this song wouldn't exist.
The title of this song I created is "PARANOiA-eternal-".
It's eternal. The railroad tracks go on. Eternally (laughs). Please dance and feel the eternity. I want to sincerely thank all the KONAMI staff who cooperated in finalizing this song, and my friends who supported me.
I'm really thankful!!
MESSAGE from NAOKI
In the REMIX contest, I asked for a "DJ-styled sense", which is different from composing. The ability to compose sounds and rhythms is the most important part of a REMIX, not chord and melody progressions. When I first heard STM200's song, I thought his ability to compose the song stood out, and I couldn't help but already say "this is it!". I was even more surprised that he was 18 years old and this was the first music he created. I hope he will continue to improve his "DJ-styled sense" and do his best from now on.
And everyone, by all means, please try listening to "PARANOiA-eternal-" by STM200 in DDR5thMIX. It's a song that will definitely makes you want to dance!
DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS
This song won the "REMIX category" of the "Dance Dance Revolution 5thMIX Artist Audition 2001".
The applicant was a man slightly over 18 years old.
To those who don't know Dance Dance Revolution, please check out the arrangement of the famous "PARANOiA" by all means!
DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX Original Soundtrack
This is a new version of "PARANOIA" by STM, which won the REMIX category of the D.D.R. audition. While keeping the worldview of the original song, the new version features a brand-new arrangement that could only have been created by a contest winner. The tempo is both regular and erratic, the sound expands and contracts, and the voice has been manipulated. The combination of these elements creates a real sense of urgency and spookiness. Please play this piece while feeling the composer's passion for his "eternal masterpiece" with your ears and body.
CS Information Data
"PARANOiA ETERNAL" by STM 200 is the newest version from the "PARANOiA" series. The original "PARANOiA" was already an instant classic and still holds the record for the highest number of remixes out of any Dance Dance Revolution song. "PARANOiA ETERNAL" is more challenging than the original version, so watch yourself on the dancefloor. Be sure to check out the "DIRTY MIX" version in this game as well.
A new PARANOiA was born from a new attempt of the audition selection, and I immediately expressed my impression after listening to it.
PARA ETERNAL provides feelings of a successively increasing iron will.
An urgent, chaotic trance feeling....
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||237 / 0||298 / 0||352 / 0||- / - / -||256 / 0||289 / 0||367 / 0||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||5||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||115 / 0||237 / 0||300 / 2||381 / 5||- / - / -||261 / 0||309 / 8||373 / 8||- / - / -|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS JP/NA||2||5||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX / Dancing Stage Unleashed||-||5||6||9||-||5||6||9||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||452 / 30 / 0||- / -||- / -||- / -||426 / 9 / 0|