Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise)
Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise)
Artist: dj TAKA & DAY BREAKERS
Composition/Arrangement: Takayuki Ishikawa
Lyrics/Vocals: Terry Thompson
VJ: VJ GYO
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 2nd style
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A remix of Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise) by DJ SIMON, titled IIDX, appears in beatmania IIDX 5th style.
- A possible parody of Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise), Twelfth Style appears in beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY.
- The video for Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise) was recorded around the same time as Get on Beat, according to VJ GYO's commentary on that song.
- Portions of Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise)'s video are used as animations on beatmania THE FINAL.
- Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise) received LIGHT charts in beatmania IIDX 3rd style.
- Also from beatmania IIDX 3rd style to beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED, Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise)'s BPM was shown as 114.
- Curiously enough, Second Style (Hip Hop Paradise) and IIDX have never appeared in the same beatmania IIDX game together.
Song Production Information
It's groovy hiphop. Hiphop may perhaps be the hardest songs in the beatmania of old. I tried to make the scratches actually sound like scratches in this song, so everyone should try to freestyle the scratches and make it sound really cool! There are lots of hidden samples assigned to the keys in this song that aren't used in the gameplay. I hope you'll all find them.
Video Production Information
We filmed this movie on a Saturday at the height of summer in August. dj TAKA and the DAY BREAKERS (VJ GYO + GOLI) became memories of that one summer in 1999. (The kind of memories that come with an illustrated diary.) We just kind of started playing around, just dancing in front of the camera, and all of a sudden a wonderful cameraman appeared! His name should be familiar to the pop'n music fans: RYO! Eventually, he completely took over the role of filming supervisor for this video. (Thank you so much for that.) Along the way, even dj nagureo and KAERU (the CG designer for beatmania 5thMIX) came along to help, and with everyone's help we were able to turn out a groovy, if somewhat weird, video. That night, while the three of us were saying it would be great to spend every day like that, that happiest day came to an end. Incidentally, our director KAGE happened to be on vacation that day. (Well, it was supposed to be a holiday, but ... ) Too bad, maybe he would have gotten in on the fun when he got to work.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX to 10th style difficulty rated from 1 to 7 from 2nd through 4th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 2nd style||-||-||4||-||-||-||4||--|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style→4th style||-||3||4||-||-||3||4||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 11 IIDX RED→12 HAPPY SKY||-||↑4||↑5||-||-||↑4||↑5||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 3rd style CS||-||3||4||-||-||3||4||-||-|
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.