Waxing and wanding
- 1 waxing and wanding
waxing and wanding
Some pitched up vocal samples can be heard, including "Are you ready?", "Bass from outer s-", and "Brain power!".
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of waxing and wanding appears on the CARDINAL GATE conclusion album, included with beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS's special edition.
- A remix of waxing and wanding by kors k, titled waxing and wanding (kors k mix), also appears on Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- Another remix of waxing and wanding by JAKAZiD, titled waxing and wanding (JAKAZiD's 新月 Remix), appears on the cyber beatnation 2 -Hi Speed conclusion- album.
- waxing and wanding is one of the four CARDINAL GATE EXTRA STAGE songs.
- waxing and wanding's title refers to two phases of the moon, "waxing" (when it changes from new moon to full moon) and "waning" (from full moon to new moon).
- The song was intended to be called "waxing and waning", but was accidentally submitted as "waxing and wanding", according to this interview.
- Seiryu (青龍) is the Japanese name of Qinglong, a Chinese god that represents the east and the spring season.
- The video features two embodiments of Seiryu, one being a blue dragon, and the other being a woman in kimono, resembling the woman in the video of 雪月花 (another Ryutaro Nakahara song with a GOLI video).
- waxing and wanding is the second song of Lincle LINK 5 to be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT limelight. It becomes available once Glass Level 25 has been reached.
- waxing and wanding's jacket illustration is taken from the starmine 青龍 DISC CD.
- In REFLEC BEAT +, waxing and wanding's artist was romanized as SEIRYU.
- waxing and wanding is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from November 2nd, 2017, after purchasing its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts for 7000, 10000, and 11000 BITs respectively.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, waxing and wanding was revived on December 28th, 2017.
- waxing and wanding received † charts in beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS. These charts can be unlocked from September 13th, 2018 by clearing the CARDINAL EXPERT course.
- As of beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage, these charts are available by default.
Song Production Information
I love the moon.
Once when I was travelling to Europe, when we were flying over Siberia, the only thing floating up in an empty, and I mean truly empty, sky was a perfectly round moon.
It looked just like a shimmering, perfectly round pearl.
The nature of the air high in the atmosphere lent to the effect, and it traced out an arc in extremely high resolution.
As I was watching this gem of the heavens and bathed in its almost mystical light, I fell into the impression that all of my everyday cares were being healed.
This image is burned deep into my retinas.
This wonderful voyage occurred four months after I finished this song.
What!? Yes, that's right. Four months after. Almost exactly.
The passage before was just making up an image. Sorry. I'll reflect on what I've done.
As I made this song, I was thinking lots of exuberant thoughts like "Oh~, the moon. It's awesome~! So fabulous!"
Yes. That's right! It was four months after. I just grew a little bit, is all.
Don't make me say it over and over again.
Well, thank you so very much for having a look again today. This has been Seiryuu, and now everything is exposed.
For some reason, T called this song "wowow".
Maybe it doesn't abbreviate very well, I just don't get it, it's just one thing after another ...
And so, with everything exposed, this is Sei ... huh? Hey, I told you, it was four months later!
Four months later, and not a centimeter more! Get serious, I'm gonna get mad!
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||7||10||11||7||10||12|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||7||10||11||7||10||↓11|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS→Present||-||-||-||12||-||-||12|
|REFLEC BEAT limelight→VOLZZA 2||3||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||3||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT +||3||7||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||5||9||12||-|
|EXTRA STAGEs||CONTRACT - Ganymede - waxing and wanding - 華蝶風雪|
|ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE||嘆きの樹|
|Lincle LINK #5|
|beatmania IIDX Songs||ビューティフル レシート - Flip Flap - Castle on the Moon - TITANS RETURN - quaver♪|
|REFLEC BEAT Songs||The Sampling Paradise - waxing and wanding - EXUSIA - 灼熱Beach Side Bunny - 天空の夜明け|