Song Connections / Remixes
- I appears on Chroma's album, Robot & Human.
- A remixed mashup of I and perditus†paradisus by HuΣeR, titled [ ]DENTITY, can be found in beatmania IIDX 30 RESIDENT and SOUND VOLTEX EXCEED GEAR.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- I is the Highest Excellence Award winning song of The 7th KAC Original Song Contest (The 7th KAC オリジナル楽曲コンテスト). It was unveiled in the final round of the SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN section of The 7th KONAMI Arcade Championship on February 11th, 2018.
- RASIS and TAMANEKO appear in I's jackets.
- This marks the first time TAMANEKO is featured in a KONAMI Arcade Championship final song's jacket.
- TAMA-chan also appears in I's MAXIMUM jacket. However, when I was first shown in The 7th KONAMI Arcade Championship final, TAMA-chan did not appear on the jacket.
- I uses a unique dark background at the start of the song. It changes to another brighter one in the last quarter of the song after the blackout sequence.
- This background is used in every Ω Dimension Phase 3-5 song, however, they do not have overlays (except Made In Love and Xronièr).
- In the second half of the song, RASIS and TAMANEKO (as drawn in the song's jacket) appear. TAMA-chan also appears after the blackout sequence.
- During The 7th KONAMI Arcade Championship final, a special overlay covered the top of the screen, with the score and song information windows being invisible. RASIS and TAMANEKO were positioned differently, appearing together above the chart lanes. TAMA-chan also did not appear.
- During the second half of I, an introduced gimmick makes the screen temporarily go pitch-black for a few seconds, a first in the series and in BEMANI in general. The chart remains stopped for the entire duration of the blackout sequence.
- At the end of the blackout sequence, as the screen is fading back in, a Morse code can be heard. The code is "TKS" (- -.- ...), Morse code abbreviation for "Thanks".
- I marks Masaki Sekikawa's first appearance in the SOUND VOLTEX series since Witch in Sweetsland from SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS, back in 2015.
- I's title is read as "Ai" (愛), Japanese for "Love".
- I represents Love as well.
- PHQUASE's effector credits roughly translates to "From the darkness of the abyss, the one who draws the light beam".
- When I was first released, a bug in the MAXIMUM chart caused the shorter long FX notes in the first verse of the song to count 0 chain, making them unnecessary to be pressed. This was initially fixed on February 23rd, 2018 by slightly extending these long notes backwards.
- The chain bug itself was then properly fixed on June 9th, 2021 and the changes to these long notes have since been reverted.
- I was added to SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS コナステ's REGULAR course on August 1st, 2019.
- I was added to jubeat (2021) on June 2nd, 2022.
- I's MAXIMUM jacket is used as the jacket in the jubeat series.
- I could be unlocked in beatmania IIDX 30 RESIDENT from November 1st, 2022 to January 11th, 2023, as part of the Ichika no gochamaze Mix UP! (いちかのごちゃまぜMix UP！) event.
- I being crossed over marks Masaki Sekikawa's first appearance in the beatmania IIDX series.
- I is one of the FROM SDVX-01 unlocks of jubeat Ave.'s LIGHT CHAT unlocking system. It could be unlocked from March 16th to April 11th, 2023.
- It could be unlocked again from July 26th to August 15th, 2023.
- With 1111 notes, I's EXTREME chart has the fifth highest notecount of any EXTREME chart in the jubeat series, behind 灼熱Beach Side Bunny's 1606, Crackpot Evangelist's 1252, XENOViA's 1149 and 1116's 1116.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
jubeat difficulty rated from 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards.
SOUND VOLTEX BOOTH to III GRAVITY WARS difficulty rated from 1 to 16, and 1 to 20 from IV HEAVENLY HAVEN onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from SOUND VOLTEX @ wiki, BEMANIWiki 2nd, and TexTage.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes / Backspin Scratches||-||632 / 9 / 0||1191 / 17 / 0||1901 / 41 / 1||-||617 / 14 / 0||1151 / 32 / 0||1890 / 56 / 1||-|
|beatmania IIDX 30 RESIDENT→Present||-||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|Notecounts / Holds||623 / 35||846 / 18||1111 / 34|
|SOUND VOLTEX IV→Present||8||15||18||20||-|
|SOUND VOLTEX III コナステ||8||15||18||20||-|
|The 7th KACオリジナル楽曲コンテスト|
|Highest Excellence Award||I|
|Excellence Award||A Lasting Promise - Awakening - Last Resort - Xéroa|
|Prize Award||BlueMoon Princess - crossing blue - Яe's NoVǢ - Wings of Glory - メルヘン風紀委員会 - プラネタジャーニー |
羅生門 - 神話に芽吹く
|Accepted Songs||Akzeriyyuth - Beyond the BLUE - BLAZING_LAZER - Blue Stream - Cloud 9 - Coldlapse -CUTE-Reflection |
Dark Matter - Divine's:Bugscript - Divine's or Deal - Gate of Atlantis - Iridescent Clouds - Justitia Gladius
Knights Assault - LastΩmegA - Levier'n NābYss - Melty Sweets - MeteorGlow Aftermath - Musha Vibration
No way - Sacrifice and Faith - SAtAN - SUPER BUBBLE JOURNEY - 僕らの時間 - ブチ上げ候！現代忍者三姉妹
ファイナルレター - ひとりぼっちの魔王 - ホワイトパレード
|Step 1 and 2 Songs||[ ]DENTITY (perditus†paradisus × I) - White Stream (Four Leaves × Snowmelt) - Kilonova (キヤロラ衛星の軌跡 × Pursuer)|
新蛇姫 (New Decade × BREDLI) - Dance With The Dead (Love 2 Shuffle × Necroxis Girl)
Metamorphic (ロミとロボの宇宙飛行 × MONOLITH) - Indigo Nocturne (蒼氷のフラグメント × REcorrection)
輪廻の鴉 (RINИE × 鴉)
|Final Song||VOLAQUAS (GITADO ROCK ver.)|