Jump to navigation Jump to search
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
Genre: HAPPY GABBA
Movie: ? (overlays by GOLI)
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution (2014)
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) beatmania IIDX pack 2
- jubeat saucer
- jukebeat KONAMI music pack 57
Song Connections / Remixes
- Plan 8's title is related to other non-BEMANI songs by Ryu☆, Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and Plan E.
- According to Ryu☆, Plan 8's second half comes from an earlier song of his called Theme of Plan 8, a song he produced back in 1997 under his Plan 8 unit in school (see trivia).
- The second half of Plan 8 is of a lower key on the beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1 album, compared with the game version. It is also shorter, cutting one measure of the breakdown.
- The OST version of Plan 8 is used in the DanceDanceRevolution and jubeat series.
- A long version of Plan 8, titled Plan 8 (Extended Mix), appears on Ryu☆'s fifth album of the same name. It is based on the beatmania IIDX version of the song.
- The second half of Plan 8 (Extended Mix) samples part of the melody from starmine.
- A piano arrangement of Plan 8 by wac, titled Plan 8 の主題による8つの変奏曲, appears on the beatnation Records presents "We're so Happy" special remix album, which can be obtained by pre-ordering We're so Happy in KONAMI STYLE.
- A remix of Plan 8 by RoughSketch, titled Plan 8 (RoughSketch Remix), can be found on Ryu☆'s compilation album, Ryu☆BEST -STARLiGHT-.
- Another remix of Plan 8 by Camellia, titled Plan 8 (Camellia's "From Inner Cosmos" Remix), can be found on Ryu☆'s third best of album, Ryu☆BEST -SUNLiGHT-.
- Plan 8 is the ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song of the LEGEND CROSS event in beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro. To unlock it, you must EX-HARD Clear Thor's Hammer with a AAA rank to access this song.
- As of November 7th, 2012, Plan 8 is accessed by clearing Thor's Hammer with any type of gauge, under specific rank conditions depending on the difficulty chosen. All the charts are accessible.
- In beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA, its NORMAL, HYPER, and ANOTHER charts can be unlocked by obtaining 52, 60, and 68 Tran Medals respectively.
- As of December 19th, 2013, it is unlocked by default.
- When Plan 8 is played as a boss stage in LEGEND CROSS, the arcade LED ticker displays "RED BOSS 12".
- Plan 8 is Ryu☆'s first ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song since 3y3s in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- The boss in Plan 8's overlays is Red Ripika, one of the joker villains in the story of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro.
- In the first half of the song, the boss appears as a chibi character like in the LEGEND CROSS cutscenes. Only in this form, its animations are played regardless of the player's performance.
- In the second half of the song, the boss evolves to its second, "magic blade" form. It appears as a huge, red mech which is based on the chibi version. The red Boss Crystals float around it. If the boss is not attacking or not being damaged, the bright shield that envolopes it becomes temporarily visible.
- When you miss a note, the real form of Red Ripika comes out from the mech and attacks the Q-pro avatar with the Boss Crystals.
- In the last cutscene of LEGEND CROSS, Red Ripika retreats.
- The name Plan 8 was used by Ryu☆'s unit with a friend back when he was a student in high school in 1997. (1997 is also the year he started to write music.)
- He notes in the song production information for Plan 8 that the name itself comes from the Ed Wood movie Plan 9 from Outer Space.
- Plan 8 could be unlocked from February 27th, 2013 to March 3rd, 2014 in jubeat saucer as part of the Café de Tran unlock system. It was the sixth unlockable song for that game.
- In jubeat saucer fulfill, it can be unlocked as part of saucer macchiato's Side Menu from May 1st, 2014.
- In jubeat prop, it can be unlocked by playing it as a BONUS TUNE from May 28th, 2015.
- In jubeat Qubell, it is one of the Garnet unlocks of the dig dig Qubell unlocking system.
- In jubeat clan, it can be unlocked in the jubeat SHOP.
- In jubeat festo, it can be purchased at the emo MART.
- In jubeat Ave., it is one of the CONCIERGE unlocks of the LIGHT CHAT unlocking system from August 17th, 2022.
- In the U.S./EU iTunes version of the beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Vol.1 album, the star on the artist is omitted.
- Plan 8 could be unlocked in DanceDanceRevolution (2014) from January 22nd, 2015 as part of the BOSS ON PARADE event.
- To access Plan 8, you had to play any song in the beatmania IIDX folder (when sorting songs under BEMANI Series (BEMANIシリーズから選ぶ)) whose genre features the word "HAPPY" in it. For a complete list of supported songs, please see this page.
- From December 24th, 2015 onwards, Plan 8 has been automatically unlocked for all players.
- Plan 8 is available in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS as part of the beatmania IIDX INFINITAS 楽曲パック vol.4.
- Plan 8's jubeat (2021) ratings were adjusted to its jubeat festo ratings on March 7th, 2022.
Song Production Information
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 20 from X onwards.
jubeat to clan difficulty rated from 1 to 10, and 1 to 10.9 from festo onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro→Present||-||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||10||12||-||6||10||12||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||10||12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||174 / 17||298 / 28||416 / 23||533 / 23||- / - / -||296 / 27||409 / 21||516 / 22||- / - / -|
|jubeat plus (Android)||5||8||10|
|CS Crossovers||Time to Empress - mnemoniq|
|Boss Songs||SYNC-ANTHEM - ΕΛΠΙΣ - S!ck - rumrum triplets - CONCEPTUAL - Thor's Hammer|
|ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE||Plan 8|
|Café de Tran|
|Both games||Rainbow after snow - Confiserie|
|beatmania IIDX unlocks||Beastie Starter - アストライアの双皿 - †渚の小悪魔ラヴリィ～レイディオ† (IIDX EDIT) - Holy Snow - True Blue|
|jubeat unlocks||Sol Cosine Job 2 - トリカゴノ鳳凰 - Proof of the existence - Thor's Hammer - Plan 8|
|BOSS ON PARADE|
|BEMANI Crossovers||クリムゾンゲイト - 海神 - FUNKY SUMMER BEACH - Plan 8 - Remain|