|pop'n music arcade releases|
| 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 いろは - 13 カーニバル - 14 FEVER!|
15 ADVENTURE - 16 PARTY♪ - 17 THE MOVIE - 18 せんごく列伝
19 TUNE STREET - 20 fantasia - Sunny Park - ラピストリア - éclale
うさぎと猫と少年の夢 - peace
|アニメロ - アニメロ2号 - MICKEY TUNES|
- Release date: September 28th, 1998
- This game ran on the BEMANI DJ-MAIN HARDWARE arcade system, the same one used for beatmania. The series would continue to run on this hardware through pop'n music 3, as well as spinoff pop'n stage. Also, two of the game's composers, Reo Nagumo and Hiroshi Takeyasu, worked on beatmania.
- This game also marks the first appearance of beatmania sound data analyzer Hiroki Koga (Naya~n) in a song. He arranged ANIME HERO.
- First appearances of Tomonori Ikeda, Kiyotaka Sugimoto (DJ SIMON), and Sanae Shintani in BEMANI.
- pop'n music was released the same day as beatmania 3rdMIX, marking the first time two BEMANI games were released the same day in the arcades.
- Curiously, despite being released the same day, pop'n music uses the 1986-1998 KONAMI logo (the only game in the series to do so), whereas beatmania 3rdMIX uses the then new logo used until 2003.
- Total number of songs: 14
Non-Rival Playable Characters
These characters don't belong to any specific song.
|Genre||Genre (Japanese)||Song title||Artist||Character|
|POPS||ポップス||I REALLY WANT TO HURT YOU||SUGI & REO||RIE♥chan ||10|
|RAP||ラップ||YOUNG DREAM||LITTLE FINGERS||UNCLE Jam ||8|
|J-TEKNO||Ｊ−テクノ||Quick Master||act deft||SHOL KEE ||6|
|FANTASY||ファンタジー||monde des songe||Bikke||DiNO ||5|
|LATIN||ラテン||El Pais del sol||Senórita Rica||DON MOMMY||7|
|REGGAE||レゲエ||Baby, I'm yours||LISA-T||OLIVIA ||13|
|DISCO QUEEN||ディスコクィーン||what i want||THE RITCHIE SISTERS||CHANEL||18|
|TECHNO POP||テクノポップ||Electronic Fill||Windslope||KRAFT ||14|
|ANIME HERO||アニメヒーロー||闘え!!ギャンブラーZ||うた：NARAMCHA さくし：RYO.||TORU KAMIKAZE||16|
|SPY||スパイ||spicy piece||ORIGINAL SOUND TRACKS||CHARLY||23|
|DISCO KING||ディスコキング||FUNKY TOWN '75||JV & THE SEXY MACHINE GUN||BAMBOO ||22|
|Hidden Final Stage|
|BONUS TRACK||ボーナストラック||すれちがう二人||aprésmidi||SANAE♥chan ||14|
|RAVE||レイヴ||e-motion||e.o.s||Rave girl ||20|
The pop'n music series has a long history of rejected characters. Some never saw the light of day, and some would later be used many years or mixes later. For the first game, these include
- A green man with an afro (early BAMBOO, perhaps?)
- A pink bunny, later used as PRETTY in pop'n music CS
- A pumpkin-head guy with jeans and a shirt with a dollar sign on it
- A green-skinned vampire with parted blonde hair, a black jacket, a red shirt, and jeans (early Yuli?)
- A bear with the flag of Great Britain on it
- An angry-looking Native American
- A hippie dog
- A pair of frogs (possibly early version of Anzu)
- A green donkey with a guitar
- A skateboarding snowman with green shorts
- A walking orange with clothes
- A weird-looking yellow man with black overalls and pink shoes and a red hat (face looks similar to that of TROPPIE)
- A space man in a yellow suit (early Cyber?)
- Male Japanese announcer in a kimono
- Man with a T.V. for a head
- A yellow-skinned man with a blue hat covering his eyes, with a white t-shirt and green pants. Also wears a necklace with a picture of a green hand with four fingers
- An angry-looking chicken wearing glasses, blue shades, a small, tight shirt, green shorts, and multi-colored shoes
- A man in a circus-type costume with a black bandana covering his eyes (similar to the garb Mimi and Nyami wear in pop'n music 13 カーニバル)
- A red fire with a black biker shirt, a belt, and brown shoes
Also notable are various color designs for already established characters. For example, JUDY's hair was originally brown.