- Name: HARDCORE TANO*C
- Type of label: Independent
- Years active: 2003-present
- Homepage: http://www.tano-c.net/
- Blog: http://www.tanocblog.net
- Official store: http://www.tanocstore.net
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tanoc_official, https://twitter.com/tanoc_store
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/redalicetanoc
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/tano-c
- Bandcamp: https://tanoc.bandcamp.com/
HARDCORE TANO*C is an independent Japanese music label that is known for releasing music compilations and albums focused on various forms of hardcore techno such as UK hardcore, happy hardcore, and gabber. The label was founded in 2003 by Yoshikazu Nagai (who at the time used the Akai Hito alias), originally under the name of ヾ(゜Д゜)ノハードコアタノシー (Hardcore Tanoshii), but changed to its current name of HARDCORE TANO*C in 2007 after the release of the album HARDCORE SYNDROME. The label features a store which sells the most notable doujin music releases, and is well known for their frequent live events that are regularly organized throughout the years, including the annual TANO*C TOUR series of events and the S2TBTANO*C events done in collaboration with kors k's S2TB Recording label.
Since 2011, HARDCORE TANO*C has also been very closely linked with BEMANI, most notably in beatmania IIDX and SOUND VOLTEX. Many of HARDCORE TANO*C's members are frequent contributors to BEMANI, and KONAMI has even collaborated with the label for a few of their own album releases. Their presence also expanded to various other music game titles.
Many guest artists have appeared in HARDCORE TANO*C compilations, including Ryu☆, kors k, DJ Shimamura, m1dy, M-Project, JAKAZiD(as Joshka), Hommarju, Camellia, lapix, C-Show, Maozon, Nhato, Dustvoxx, and Akira Complex.
By the end of 2017, HARDCORE TANO*C has started to produce major artist album releases, containing licensed works done for music games by the circle's artists. From September 2018, a sub-label directed by DJ Myosuke named HARDCORE TANO*C HARD has been established, which focuses on harsher music.
HARDCORE TANO*C is also heavily involved in the 2019 rhythm game WACCA, which is published by MARVELOUS!, with nearly its entire staff contributing to the game.
- DJ Genki
- DJ Myosuke
- DJ Noriken
- Massive New Krew
- Betwixt & Between (Kaoru Kimura, died on September 17, 2012)
- DX PASTA
- DJ TECHNORCH
- kenta-v.ez. (inactive)
- SYNDROME series:
- HARDCORE SYNDROME (2007)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 2 (2008)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 3 (2009)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 4 (2010)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 5 (2011)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 6 (2012)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 7 (2013)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 8 (2014)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 9 (2015)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME X (2016)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 11 (2017)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 12 (2018)
- HARDCORE SYNDROME 13 (2019)
- REMIX series:
- TANO*C REMIXES (2006)
- TANO*C REMIXES 2 (2010)
- TANO*C REMIXES 3 (2013)
- Resurrection X (2016)
- TANO*C REMIXES 4 (2018)
- SPEED BALL series:
- SPEED BALL (2006)
- SPEED BALL Z (2009)
- SPEED BALL GT (2012)
- SPEED BALL EVOLUTION (2014)
- SPEED BALL SUPER (2018)
- BRIGHT COLORS series:
- BRIGHT COLORS (2011)
- BRIGHT COLORS 2 (2014)
- BRIGHT COLORS 3 (2015)
- Bright Colors 4 (2017)
- Bright Colors 5 (2020)
- IRREGULAR NATION series:
- IRREGULAR NATION (2015)
- IRREGULAR NATION 2 (2016)
- IRREGULAR NATION 3 (2017)
- IRREGULAR NATION 4 (2018)
- IRREGULAR NATION 5 (2019)
- IRREGULAR NATION 6 (2020)
- Artist albums:
- ANTHEM series:
- TANO*C TOUR 2012 the Anthem (2012)
- TANO*C TOUR 2013 the Anthem (2013)
- TANO*C JINGLE COLLECTION (2015)
- S2TBTANO*C ANTHEMS (2017)
- Other releases:
- QiMAiLLA-8k (2003)
- XTC-ism (2004)
- .core (2004)
- C.F.S (Complete Floor Specification) (2005)
- Hardcore Expo (2005)
- TANO*C COREnival (2005)
- 硬核侍 Hardcore Samurai (2005)
- the BEST of HARDCORE TANO*C (2006)
- DiGiTAL GENERATiON EP (2008)
- MEGAPEER DJ Battlers IOSYS Vs HARDCORE TANO*C (2010)
- TANO*C EXTRA (2013)
- Harmonoize (2016)
- NANSUKA COLLECTION (2016)
- YABAICORE (2017)
- TEMPOCOP (2017)
- HARDCORE SAMURAI SPIRITS (2017)
- MEGA YABAICORE (2018)
- Harmonoize2 (2018)
- Satellite Queen (2019)
- Mystery Blend (2019)
- Return to the Origin (2019)
- HYPER DUO (2019)
- MEGATON KICK (2019)
- Single releases:
- While Shining feat. yukacco (TANO*C TOUR 2017 ANTHEM) (aran & Kobaryo, 2017)
- Shiny Memory feat. yukacco (TANO*C TOUR 2018 ANTHEM) (USAO & DJ Genki, 2018)
- Soldiers (TANO*C W TEAM RED ANTHEM) (DJ Noriken, 2018)
- Fight for the CORE feat. Daisuke (TANO*C W TEAM GREEN ANTHEM) (DJ Myosuke, 2018)
- Light of Vibes (Srav3R & Getty, 2018)
- Never Let Me Down (KO3 & Relect, 2018)
- Move Your Body (KO3 & Relect, 2019)
- Shining Harmony [TANO*C TOUR 2019 ANTHEM] (P*Light & Massive New Krew, 2019)
- EMPIRE (Massive New Krew, 2019)
- Sprout Forth (KO3 & Relect feat. Getty & Srav3R, 2019)
- Tell Me Baby feat. mow*2 (P*Light, 2019)
- TAPIOCA (USAO, 2019)
- HARDCORE TANO*C's store sells beatnation RHYZE vs HARDCORE TANO*C and the beatmania IIDX 21 SPADA ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VOL.2 album; it's the only doujin-related store to sell beatnation Records releases.
- beatnation RHYZE vs HARDCORE TANO*C sold at the TANO*C store featured a limited, unique front cover which only shown the participating TANO*C artists (except P*Light and Shohei Uno).
- Recently, they have been selling CHUNITHM and Taiko no Tatsujin soundtracks.
- Since 2014, BEMANI top-ranker player DOLCE. works for HARDCORE TANO*C by making megamixes for the label's compilations, as well as being the opening DJ for their live events. In late 2016, he produced his first compilation, NANSUKA COLLECTION, where he also appeared on its front cover.
- He also makes interviews with the circle's members and related guest artists; they can all be viewed here.
- The two S2TBTANO*C events (2016-2017) organized by HARDCORE TANO*C and S2TB Recording featured DJ sets by Tetsuya Tamura as Y&Co., with all of the BEMANI songs done under that alias played live.
- A song composed by various members of HARDCORE TANO*C, BATTLE NO.1, was planned to be in SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN for the The 8th KONAMI Arcade Championship, under the artist name of TANO*C SOUND TEAM. KONAMI rejected the song (likely due to their poking fun of the BEMANI Sound Team moniker, which was at its most extreme in the that event), and it later appeared instead in the HARDCORE TANO*C-produced game WACCA on August 1st, 2019. It also appeared in lowiro's Arcaea as part of the Arcaea x HARDCORE TANO*C Collaboration.
- P*Light and Shohei Uno are the only HARDCORE TANO*C members to be also beatnation RHYZE ones. In BEMANI, both being part of the latter group takes the priority.
- Since the launch of beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage, the only HARDCORE TANO*C member who has continued to write songs for BEMANI is Shohei Uno.
- Conversely, Uno himself has yet to appear in a solo song in WACCA.
- Srav3R is the only HARDCORE TANO*C member who has yet to appear in a BEMANI original song. His first song appearance was in a license in jubeat plus and REFLEC BEAT plus.