Artist: dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: Takayuki Ishikawa
Length: 2:09 (beatmania IIDX, REFLEC BEAT), 1:49 (DanceDanceRevolution)
Genre: EPIC TRANCE
VJ: VJ YUZ and GOLI
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 4th style
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX
- Dance Maniax 2ndMIX APPEND J-PARADISE
- REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper
- REFLEC BEAT plus BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS PACK 01
Song Connections / Remixes
- A rock remix of ABSOLUTE by good-cool, simply titled ABSOLUTE, can be found in pop'n music 9.
- A trance remix of ABSOLUTE also by good-cool, titled ABSOLUTE (Ultimate Remix), appears on his second album, good-cool ultra expander. This version is based in the pop'n music remix.
- A remix of ABSOLUTE by Thuggie D., titled ABSOLUTE (Cuff -N- Stuff it Mix), appears in DanceDanceRevolution ULTRAMIX.
- An extended trance version of ABSOLUTE, titled ABSOLUTE 2007, appears in dj TAKA's first album milestone.
- A speed remix of ABSOLUTE by Ryu☆, titled ABSOLUTE (Ryu☆ Remix), appears on the cyber beatnation 2 -Hi Speed conclusion- album.
- The DanceDanceRevolution series uses a shorter version of ABSOLUTE.
- A eurobeat remix of ABSOLUTE by Tracy vs. Yu_Asahina, titled ABSOLUTE (EUROBEAT REMIX), can be found in SOUND VOLTEX VIVID WAVE.
- A remix of ABSOLUTE by kors k, titled ABSOLUTE (kors k Remix), appears on the beatmania IIDX 20th Anniversary Tribute BEST album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- According to dj TAKA's twitter, ABSOLUTE was originally named Special Thanks, but both VJ GYO and GOLI thought the name of the song was "lame", and rejected it.
- ABSOLUTE is included as a preview song on the beatmania IIDX 3rd style Original Soundtracks album.
- Despite that ABSOLUTE's BPM is simply displayed as 144 in the DanceDanceRevolution series, it actually slows down to 38 at the end.
- ABSOLUTE received a different banner in DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX.
- In DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX and Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON, ABSOLUTE reuses Young Forever's background animations.
- ABSOLUTE's background animations in DDRMAX2 feature most of the DanceDanceRevolution character cast at the time.
- ABSOLUTE received a Single BEGINNER chart in DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME.
- ABSOLUTE received a Double BEGINNER chart and a different jacket in DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3.
- In DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3, ABSOLUTE can be unlocked in QUEST MODE by beating Milan in Club Tucana.
- ABSOLUTE received Single and Double ANOTHER charts in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST. Those charts carried over to beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
- ABSOLUTE could be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper as part of the 1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION) of the BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS unlocking system.
- ABSOLUTE received a new jacket in the REFLEC BEAT series, which is based on its beatmania IIDX video.
- ABSOLUTE is one of the songs featured on the BEMANI SONGS ～Best of beatmania IIDX～ video.
- ABSOLUTE is unlockable in beatmania IIDX INFINITAS from July 5th, 2017, after purchasing its charts with BITs.
- After being removed from the initial release of REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア, ABSOLUTE was revived on August 3rd, 2017.
- ABSOLUTE received LEGGENDARIA charts in beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS. These charts can be unlocked by reaching DJ RANK BRONZE.
- As of beatmania IIDX 26 Rootage, these charts are available by default.
Song Production Information
Although somewhat flavored with the unique flavor of the game, the track is inspired by the club scene.
The trance scene seems to be a bit less psychedelic these days, and more future-oriented tracks with brighter vocals and atmospheres are more prominent.
In that sense, the collaboration with GOLI meant a lot to me because he captured the club sound on this track, and I almost cried when I first saw the movie.
Of course, the interesting thing about music is that it feels different for everyone who listens, and I hope everyone can enjoy this track as they feel.
CS Information Data
You have unlocked the song "ABSOLUTE" by dj TAKA. Debuting on Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX, "ABSOLUTE" is an absolutely cool song to dance to with its driving bass line, classical piano melodies and modern day electronic music sounds. Check out other songs by this artist in this game and Dance Dance Revolution KONAMIX, DDRMAX Dance Dance Revolution, and DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution.
Video Production Information
I'm addicted to dj TAKA's music, so I made a movie for the first time.
Drawing materials, applying effects, and editing. It was fun.
I'm wasn't familiar with it, so I learned a lot of things under the guidance of VJ YUZ, and I managed to get it into shape by using a lot of VJ YUZ techniques.
However, it took me longer than I expected, and I was working on this song while ignoring the system screens (other than the movie, like the SELECT screen and the in-game screen) that I was supposed to be working on.
That's why I had to own up for the lost time at the end of the day...
In my opinion, I quite like all the songs dj TAKA has been making lately, as they all sound like my favorites.
There's something about dj TAKA's music that is both a good game song and something that sticks in your head just by listening to it.
And his skill of using a diverse range of distinctive sounds that ultimately comes together to create the song.
This gives me something new and rewarding to do every time.
Famous trance CDs on the market (I mostly borrow from VJ YUZ) are great and I listen to them a lot, but there is something different about dj TAKA's arrangements and dj TAKA style of music.
Up until now, we've only participated in movies with button-pushing animations, materials, etc.
That was my original plan again, but the phrase "ABSOLUTE" stuck in my mind and I wanted to make a movie from scratch for dj TAKA's song.
So I forced VJ GYO to let me do it.
I was exposed to a new feel.
I would like to try a different movie if I get the chance to do it again.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 7 in 4th style, 1 to 7+ from 5th through 9th style, 1 to 8 in 10th style, 1 to 8+ in IIDX RED, and from 1 to 12 from HAPPY SKY onwards.
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty from 2ndMIX CLUB VER. through 5thMIX (and the Solo games) rated from 1 to 9, 1 to 10 from DDRMAX2 to SuperNOVA2, and 1 to 20 from X onwards.
REFLEC BEAT to groovin'!! Upper difficulty rated from 1 to 10+, 1 to 13 in VOLZZA/VOLZZA 2, and 1 to 15 in 悠久のリフレシア. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd and TexTage.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Hell Charge Notes||309 / 0||682 / 0||935 / 0||1218 / 0||1412 / 52||728 / 0||934 / 0||1338 / 0||1488 / 53|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style→11 IIDX RED||-||5||7||-||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY→17 SIRIUS||-||5||↑8||-||-||↑6||↑8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem||-||5||8||10||-||6||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 19 Lincle→24 SINOBUZ||-||↑6||8||10||-||6||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX 25 CANNON BALLERS→Present||-||6||8||10||11||6||8||11||11|
|beatmania IIDX 4th style CS||-||5||7||-||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 5th style CS||※3||5||7||-||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 6th style CS||※3||5||7||-||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 7th style CS||-||5||7||-||-||5||7||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 12 HAPPY SKY CS||2||5||8||-||-||6||8||-||-|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||2||5||8||10||-||6||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX INFINITAS||-||6||8||10||-||6||8||11||-|
|beatmania IIDX ULTIMATE MOBILE||-||6||8||10||-||-||-||-||-|
※ These BEGINNER charts are different from their later console appearances (total notes: 514)
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||123 / 0||142 / 0||252 / 0||311 / 0||- / - / -||135 / 0||215 / 0||303 / 0||- / - / -|
|DDRMAX2 location test||-||↓1||5||↓5||-||↓2||↓3||↓6||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution 5thMIX CS||-||3||5||8||-||3||5||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution KONAMIX / Dancing Stage PARTY EDiTiON||-||3||5||8||-||3||5||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution Party Collection||1||3||5||8||-||3||5||8||-|
|DanceDanceRevolution EXTREME CS US||1||3||5||8||-||3||5||8||-|
|REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper→VOLZZA 2||4||6||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||4||6||10||-|
|REFLEC BEAT 悠久のリフレシア||4||8||12||-|
|BEMANI MUSIC FOCUS|
|1st Set (DJ TOTTO's SELECTION)||ABSOLUTE - CHOCOLATE PHILOSOPHY - LOGICAL DASH - era (nostalmix)|
|2nd Set (TAG's SELECTION)||DROP THE BOMB - AXIS - fellows - MAD BLAST|
|3rd Set (Des-ROW's SELECTION)||大見解 - Funky sonic World - BE LOVIN - CURUS|
|4th Set (Ryu☆'s SELECTION)||GENOM SCREAMS - Presto - JET WORLD - Go Beyond!!|
|5th Set (TOMOSUKE's SELECTION)||I'M GONNA GET YOU! - the keel - LOVE IS ORANGE - Gamelan de Couple|
|6th Set (kors k's SELECTION)||Flash Back 90's - White Eve - HELL SCAPER - starmine|
|7th Set (Users' SELECTION)||明鏡止水 - Pink Rose - sync - Beyond The Earth|
|8th Set (PHQUASE's SELECTION)||COSMIC COWGIRL - BOBBY SUE AND SKINNY JIM - 男々道 - Spica|
|9th Set (wac's SELECTION)||PULSE - GRADIUSIC CYBER - Nova emoção - 踊るフィーバーロボ|
|10th Set (dj TAKA's SELECTION)||♥Love²シュガ→♥ - Lucy - GUILTY - V - V₂|
|CONTENTS SELECTION||ZERO-ONE - MAKE A JAM! - Ping×Pong×Dash - DAY DREAM|