- Last name: Murai
- Birthday: February 1st
- Birthplace: Kanagawa prefecture, Japan
- Likes: Curry, synths
- Favorite band: Yellow Magic Orchestra
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mu_station
- Website: http://www.geocities.jp/mu_station/
One of pop'n music's most frequent composers, Murai's history with Konami dates back to as early as the early 1990's, where he started off doing music for various Mega Drive games and music tracks for the then popular Tokimeki Memorial Vocal CDs, as well as the 1998 Red Company-developed RPG / dating simulation Mitsumete Knight. His first project for BEMANI was the 1999 pop'n stage EX, a re-release of pop'n stage with two new songs, one of them being his song WE TWO ARE ONE that was soon ported to pop'n music 4. Since pop'n music 4 he has appeared in every arcade entry. His style of music tends to drift more into a 1980's synth sound (as seen in his V.C.O. and ALT songs), though he's also dabbled occasionally in rock and orchestral sounding music as well.
Murai also served as head sound director of 4 and 5, as well as being the co-director of KEYBOARDMANIA 2ndMIX with Naya~n and head sound director of KEYBOARDMANIA 3rdMIX, the final entry in the series. After pop'n music 5, fellow BEMANI composer Jun Wakita would handle the sound direction of pop'n music with pop'n music 6, though he continued to sound direct various pop'n music entries up to PARTY♪. Murai also appeared regularly for years in beatmania IIDX as of DistorteD, and was the sound producer of the ミライダガッキ FutureTomTom series.
Murai currently produces music for KONAMI's arcade game Otoca♥d'or (オトカ♥ドール), which launched on March 14th, 2015. Its website can be found here.
- Seiya Murai (村井聖夜) / Seiya / seiya-murai
- Five Hammer
- FIVE STICKS
- Millenium Project
- Popper Head
- private states
- Theme from "TOON MANIA"
- WORLD SEQUENCE / world sequence
- Kiyommy+Seiya (with Kiyomi Kumano)
- natural bear (with Kiyomi Kumano)
- PARSEC / parsec (with misaki)
- T&S seq. factory / 板橋ギャング (with dj TAKA)
- 秋桜 (composer for)
- サドルシューズ (with Megumi Oka, GUHROOHY, and NO+CHIN)
- ネオロマンティックス (with Norikazu Miura)
- るるるSYSTEM (with Misaki Arima and e-co)
- Murai has stated in an interview with the Japanese website Gpara.com that "Seiya" isn't his real first name, and that he wishes to keep his real name a secret.
- It might be Kiyoshi, though, as a Kiyoshi Murai is listed as one of the inventors of Otoca♥d'or, which Murai contributes music to, as well as Kiyoshi Murai is credited as the composer of Mighty Guy on the JASRAC database.
- Murai did the rearranged pop'n music title screen theme heard in pop'n music 4 and 5, as well as the new intro themes from pop'n music 9 through pop'n music 12 いろは.
- Murai is the first in-house BEMANI artist to use a VOCALOID in a song. He used Prima in 鉄甲乙女 -under the steel- in beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS.
- Murai's V.C.O. alias is an abbreviation for "Voltage Controlled Orchestra".
- This alias is most likely a reference to Murai's favorite band, Yellow Magic Orchestra, which is oftenly abbreviated as YMO.
- Famous KONAMI composers Michiru Yamane and Miki Higashino were Murai's seniors in the same department as him when he first joined KONAMI in the 1990's.
- One of Murai's tracks from Mitsumete Knight was later remixed in pop'n music as THE MAN FROM FAR EAST.
- Likewise, an arrangement of his song 掌の革命 from Tokimeki Memorial Best Vocal Collection 2 has also made an appearance in pop'n music.