Not to be confused with STEP UP.
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics: Seiya Murai
BPM: 130 (5-Buttons, NORMAL, HYPER), 32-260 (EX)
pop'n music Genre: LESSON (レッスン)
pop'n music Character: Mimi 
pop'n CG design: いぬ千代
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 5
Other Music Game Appearances:
3-2-1 Let's Play! ※Give me a "P" Give Me a "O" Give me a "P" Give me a "N" Give me a "M" Give me a "U" Give me a "S" Give me a "I" Give me a "C" POP'N MUSIC! Good! ※ref Keep going! ※ref
Song Connections / Remixes
- A MIDI arrangement of POP-STEP-UP appears in ダンスダンスレボリューション ふぁみマット.
- The EX chart of POP-STEP-UP has entirely different melodies during most of the song, to match the more advanced chart.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- POP-STEP-UP's charts are made of several different patterns, for which the song serves as a "training" song.
- The note patterns at the start, middle, and end of POP-STEP-UP's charts roughly spell "POP'N MUSIC", following the lyrics.
- POP-STEP-UP received a brand-new NORMAL chart in pop'n music 9. The original NORMAL chart was moved to the HYPER chart.
- POP-STEP-UP marks the first appearance of Mimi as a rival character in pop'n music (not counting the spin-off pop'n stage). Before this song, the only time where she was a rival character was along Nyami on Theme of staff roll～special mix～ as POPPERS.
- A small loop of music from POP-STEP-UP is used in pop'n music 9's How to Play tutorial.
- POP-STEP-UP is used as the tutorial song for ポップンミュージック.
- POP-STEP-UP's NORMAL chart was re-rated in pop'n music éclale on March 22nd, 2016.
- POP-STEP-UP received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music peace, as part of the pop'n time trip (ポップンタイムトリップ) event. This chart could be unlocked from May 23rd, 2019 to February 19th, 2020 by filling out 8 stamps of the first pop'n music 5 card.
- From December 24th, 2020 in pop'n music 解明リドルズ, it is available by default.
- Unlike the other charts for the song, POP-STEP-UP's EX chart has Long pop-kuns, Highlight Zones, and BPM changes.
- POP-STEP-UP's EX chart has 34 Highlight Zones, more than any other song in pop'n music.
- In POP-STEP-UP's EX chart, the regular "POP'N MUSIC" pattern is used at the start, a more complex alternate pattern is used in the middle, and there is a very complex pattern at the end that spells "POP'N MUSIC! PEACE♥" .
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
DanceDanceRevolution difficulty rated from 1 to 5 in ダンスダンスレボリューション ふぁみマット.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards.
|Notecounts / Freeze Arrows / Shock Arrows||- / -||96 / 0||128 / 0||- / -||- / - / -||- / -||- / -||- / -||- / - / -|
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||242 / 0||348 / 0||456 / 0||1008 / 32||453||-|
|pop'n music 5||-||※30||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6||12||※↓22||-||-||N/A||-|
|pop'n music 9→20 fantasia||↓9||15||30||-||22||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→ラピストリア||-||↑22||36||-||22||-|
|pop'n music éclale→うさぎと猫と少年の夢||-||↑28||36||-||22||-|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||28||36||48||22||-|
|pop'n music 5 CS||-||※30||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6 CS||12||※22||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 9 CS||9||15||30||-||22||-|
※ The notecount of this chart correspond to the later 9-Buttons HYPER chart.