Miracle Moon(otsukisama ga chuukeikyoku)
Artist: Togo Project featuring Sana
Composition/Arrangement/Lyrics/Background Vocals: Hiroyuki Togo
Vocals: Sanae Shintani
Length: 1:43 (beatmania, beatmania III, pop'n music), 1:41 (jubeat)
Genre: J-GARAGE POP (J-ガラージポップ)
pop'n music Character: Kelly [CS2]
pop'n CG design: Ichiro Muto
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania APPEND GOTTAMIX
Other Music Game Appearances:
- beatmania THE FINAL / beatmania III THE FINAL
- jubeat plus / jubeat plus (Android) Sana pack
- jukebeat Sana Pack
- pop'n music 2 CS
- pop'n music 3
逢いたくってどうしようもない夜 無情な距離に愛情が試される こんなにも生真面目な二人 今時ちょっと表彰もんだね・・・ ねぇ、星の彼方に願いを込めて 二人をつなぐ交信術 愛の奇跡をみせてあげる Do you believe in LOVE? Yes,I'm just feeling now. 愛のchannelを合わせたなら お月様が中継局 Do you believe in LOVE? Yes,I'm just feeling now.
aitakutte doushiyoumonai yoru mujouna kyori ni aijou ga tamesareru konnanimo kimajimena futari imadoki chotto hyoushoumonda ne... nee, hoshi no kanata ni negai wo komete futari wo tsunagu koushin jutsu ai no kiseki wo misete ageru Do you believe in LOVE? Yes, I'm just feeling now. ai no channel wo awaseta nara otsukisama ga chuukeikyoku Do you believe in LOVE? Yes, I'm just feeling now.
逢いたくってどうしようもない夜 無常な距離に愛情が試される こんなにも生真面目な二人 今時ちょっと表彰もんだね… ねぇ､見上げてみて 今夜の夜空 見えているでしょ? お月様 愛の奇跡をみせてあげる Do you believe in LOVE? Yes,I'm just feeling now. 電話だけじゃ届かない気持ち E-mailだって切なくなるだけ ｢今すぐに逢いに来て…｣なんて 駄々っ子みたく､口にしちゃいそう… でも､いつも逢えてた時よりずっと 近く感じる気がしてる 愛のchannelを合わせたなら お月様が中継局 今､星の彼方に願いを込めて二人をつなぐ交信術 愛の奇跡をみせてあげる Do you believe in LOVE? Yes,I'm just feeling now. 愛のchannelを合わせたなら お月様が中継局 Do you believe in LOVE? Yes,I'm just feeling now.
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) appears, simply titled as Miracle Moon, on the beatmania GOTTAMIX Original Soundtracks and, titled as Miracle Moon (お月様が中継局), on the pop'n music Vocal Best albums.
- An 8-bit arrangement of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) by Gaku Hirose appears in beatmania GB2 ガッチャミックス.
- Another 8-bit arrangement of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) appears in pop'n music GB.
- A remix of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) by L.E.D.LIGHT, titled Miracle Moon ～L.E.D.LIGHT STYLE MIX～, appears in beatmania APPEND 5thMIX -Time to get down-.
- An extended version of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局), titled Miracle Moon beatmania-DA!! Special Version, can be found in beatmania BEST打!! and beatmania打打打!!.
- A bossa arrangement of Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局), featuring vocals by Junko Wada (BE THE VOICE), titled Miracle Moon ～お月様が中継局～, appears on the pop'n music Cafe music selection album.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) appears as part of the PM SUPER BEST すぺしゃるメドレー, a medley by Tsugumi Kataoka that can be found on the pop'n music SUPER BEST BOX compilation album.
- This song has different backgrounds, banners, jackets, or other related images. For more information, please see this page.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) is the first beatmania crossover to be transplanted specifically for a CS pop'n music release.
- In beatmania/beatmania III and the American version of pop'n music (Wii), Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) is just labeled as Miracle Moon, while in jubeat plus, it is labeled as Miracle Moon～お月様が中継局～.
- In jukebeat, Miracle Moon's subtitle, (お月様が中継局), is translated as ~The Moon is a Relay Station~.
- In pop'n music 3, Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局)'s character was AYA [3-13P]. This palette was AYA's 8P color in pop'n music 3 CS.
- In pop'n music 3 CS, its character was Kelly [CS2], and its HYPER chart changed Kelly's palette to her 2P color.
- In pop'n music 4, its character was AYA .
- Miracle Moon received HARD charts in beatmania III THE FINAL. However, these charts are exact copies of the NORMAL charts.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) appears in the Game Boy Advance game Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards, as the background music in the arcade.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) appears as DLC for both the American and Japanese versions of pop'n music (Wii), in the Japanese Pop and 初級ポップスセット packs respectively.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局) received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music peace. It could be unlocked from May 9th, 2019 to February 19th, 2020 by obtaining four stamps on the fourth pop'n music CS card in the pop'n time trip (ポップンタイムトリップ) event.
- Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局)'s EX chart uses its HYPER chart's keysounds, filling with non-keysounded notes for the rest of the chart.
- Unlike the other charts for the song, Miracle Moon(お月さまが中継局)'s EX chart has Long pop-kuns and Highlight Zones.
- As of August 13th, 2020, this chart is available by default.
Song Production Information
beatmania Append GOTTAMIX
Togo of "Togo Project"
"Garage... A genre of club music characterized by soulful vocals and rhythms. The name "garage sound" derives from the unique song selections of Larry Levan, the main DJ of the legendary New York club Paradise Garage." (Excerpt from 'beatmania GOTTAMIX Official Guide', published by NTT)
... So it says. Sorry! I made 'J-GARAGE POP' without knowing any of that myself. Please interpret 'J-GARAGE POP' as something like Japanese pop that incorporates house beats emphasizing garage's characteristic rhythms of bouncy 16th note triplets (I'll omit further details, since this article would turn into a high-level music piece if I wrote them down here). The song has a bit of a flirtatious (?) tone to it, unlike anything else in current beatmania. In a way, it might fall within the realm of pop'n music... As I composed the song, I timidly thought, "The producers of pop'n music won't get mad at me, will they?" For better or worse, it's actually going to be put into pop'n music as well (thanks to the generosity of Mr. T and Mr. H!).
Tone of the song aside, the visuals also have anime-like quality, another thing that isn't in current beatmania. When the game was first released, the visuals became a somewhat popular topic of conversation.
Here on KCEJ WEST's Bemani Team, we assign one person per song to do the graphics, then have them listen to the song so much that they start to hate it (?), and from there, draw out the visual world view. VJ Higashida was assigned to this song, and when I first saw the art he came up with, I was honestly surprised. Even though I thought it was puzzling to have this sort of world view in beatmania - which gained its popularity through its "cool" (that word is a bit worn out) club atmosphere - I couldn't blame him given the tone of the song... I also didn't want to be the bad guy and dig my own grave, so I ended up not saying anything. VJ Higashida remarked, "This looks like the NHK show 'Minna no Uta', am I right?" I struggled with my reply of, "Oh, is that so?" Fortunately, the unusual anime-like quality received a lot of positive responses about how cute it is.
Now then, the song's cute vocals are from the mysterious (?) and beloved songstress of the beatmania series, Sana - also known for 'BOSSA GROOVE (PAPAYAPA Ver.)' and the ending theme in YebisuMIX, as well as 'Surechigau futari' from pop'n music. Sana will continue to sing for us in the future, so keep your ears peeled, all you fans of hers.
Also, a long version of the song will be included on 'GOTTAMIX Original Soundtracks' (KMCA-24 <LC428>), set to be released by Konami Music Entertainment on Friday, August 27th! We also made long and arranged versions of other songs, as well as a super powerful new song by DJ Senda & Tiny-K (the hottest new thing!). Be sure give these a listen, too.
beatmania THE FINAL
I created Miracle Moon for the 1999 consumer original title GOTTAMIX, later adding the subtitle "Miracle Moon ~ The Moon is a Relay Station~".
It's been in pop'n music, on Sana's album, and in many other titles, becoming a popular song.
Oddly enough, this is the first time it's been in an arcade version of beatmania.
Normally, a lot of beatmania songs with vocals are dance music of the house and eurobeat variety, but when arranging this song, I approached it from an angle of "club music from a pop music perspective."
The theme of the lyrics is "long-distance love"... unfortunately, I've never experienced that.
I created the song while thinking, "I wonder if this is how it feels?"
I felt pleased about coming up with the lyrics, "Still, I feel much closer with you than when we were always together," which I thought cleverly encapsulated the sentiment that "Love transcends distance and time!!" (Ah, I'm blushing)
Despite thinking that, I hear a lot of opinions saying "It doesn't fit!"... (It's OK, it's OK)
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania difficulty rated from 1 to 9.
beatmania GB difficulty rated from 1 to 5.
jubeat difficulty from 1 to 10.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from KANI KANI CRAB, Pop'n Music Fever and jubeat@Wiki.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania APPEND GOTTAMIX||3||-||-||3||-||-|
|beatmania GB2 ガッチャミックス||※2||-||-||-||-||-|
|beatmania BEST HITS||3||-||-||3||-||-|
|beatmania THE FINAL||4||-||-||3||-||-|
|beatmania III THE FINAL||4||4||-||4||4||-|
※ Denotes chart has been changed from the original chart (total notes: 234).
|jubeat plus (Android)||3||5||8|
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||195 / 0||274 / 0||385 / 0||778 / 68||260||348|
|pop'n music 2 CS||-||17||N/A||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 3 CS||-||17||23||-||-||-|
|pop'n music GB||※11||-||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6 CS||-||-||N/A||-||-||-|
|pop'n music Best Hits!||7||13||23||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 3||-||17||N/A||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 4||-||17||23||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6||-||-||N/A||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 9→20 fantasia||7||↓13||23||-||13||17|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→うさぎと猫と少年の夢||-||19||29||-||13||17|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||19||29||40||13||17|
※ Denotes chart has been changed from the original chart (total notes: 195).