Water Melon Woman
Water Melon Woman
Composition/Arrangement: Satoru Nakata
pop'n music Genre: TECHNO'80 (テクノ'80)
pop'n music Character: BOY [CS1]
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music CS
Other Music Game Appearances:
Song Connections / Remixes
- Water Melon Woman has a remix version with the same title by SG系しんじ, which can be found in pop'n music Best Hits!.
- Water Melon Woman is the first song of Satoru Nakata under the NAKATEK alias. Also, Water Melon Woman marks the first appearance of BOY, who would become the character in most of Nakata's songs.
- According to Yoichi Hayashi on the song comments for Seal, Water Melon Woman was just created with an old analog mixer and a Mac computer.
- It is also mentioned that both Yoichi Hayashi and Satoru Nakata were part of the old Yokohama branch of Konami Computer Entertainment.
- BOY's current 1P palette was a 3P color in pop'n music 2 CS and pop'n music 3 CS.
- In the arcade version of pop'n music 2, Water Melon Woman's artist was credited to 319.
- In pop'n music 2 and its CS counterpart, Water Melon Woman's character was PRETTY [CS1-3P].
- In pop'n music 7 and its CS counterpart, Water Melon Woman's songwheel genre was テクノ80.
- Water Melon Woman received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music peace, as part of the pop'n time trip -prologue- (ポップンタイムトリップ プロローグ) event. This chart could be unlocked from February 14th, 2019 to February 19th, 2020 by filling out one stamp of the third pop'n music CS card.
- However, due to a bug, Water Melon Woman's EX chart could also be unlocked from January 29th to March 5th, 2019 by clearing its HYPER chart.
- Unlike the other charts, Water Melon Woman's EX chart features Highlight Zones.
- Water Melon Woman's EX chart uses its HYPER chart's keysounds, filling with non-keysounded notes for the rest of the chart.
- As of August 13th, 2020, this chart is available by default.
- The difficulties of Water Melon Woman's HYPER and EX charts have a difference of 23 levels between them, marking the largest difficulty spike between HYPER and EX in a pop'n music song since フリーパス from pop'n music 7 (which has a difference of 19 levels).
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||115 / 0||208 / 0||295 / 0||878 / 39||295||-|
|pop'n music CS||-||19||H||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 2 CS||-||19||H||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 3 CS||-||-||23||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 7 CS||5||10||14||-||14||-|
|pop'n music 2||-||19||-||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 3||-||19||H||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 4||-||19||23||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 7||5||↓10||↓14||-||14||-|
|pop'n music 9||5||10||14||-||14||-|
|pop'n music 10→20 fantasia||5||↓8||14||-||14||-|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→うさぎと猫と少年の夢||-||14||↓18||-||14||-|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||14||18||41||14||-|