Gotta Get My Groove On
Gotta Get My Groove On
Artist: good-cool feat. Aundréa L.Hopkins
Composition/Arrangement: Tatsuya Furukawa
Lyrics/Vocals: Aundrea L. Hopkins
pop'n music Genre: SOUL (ソウル)
pop'n music Character: Jessica 
pop'n CG design: shio
Beat'n Groovy Character: JENNIFER [BnG]
First Music Game Appearance: pop'n music 6
Other Music Game Appearances:
As I walked through the door A DJ packed the floor The jam felt good to me The bass it had a groove It made my body move The drummer played funk ya see So don't even mind if I'm losing control when I dance, I've found the chance To just close my eyes and leave all of my cares behind Cause tonight everything's all right Step out, go ahead get your groove on, just feel it. Know you feel it. Because when you step out, Once the beat moves your feet, You can't stop it, you can't stop it, you can't stop it, NO! NO! Got to get in the door, got to get in the floor, Boy I want to get my groove on. Only once, maybe twice, gotta chance, wanna dance Yeah, I got to get my groove on!!
Song Connections / Remixes
- An extended version of Gotta Get My Groove On can be found on good-cool's first album, good-cool super collection beatmania & pop'n music.
- A house remix of Gotta Get My Groove On appears on good-cool's fourth album, good-cool precious housekeeper.
- Gotta Get My Groove On is Andrea Hopkins' only contribution to the pop'n music series.
- It's also one of the very few pop'n music songs sung in English by an English-native singer.
- Jessica has had one of the longest histories of character design changes of any character in pop'n music history. Early versions of the character were planned as early as pop'n music 2, and were made yet again for pop'n music 3 and pop'n music 4, only to be rejected still. All these early designs depicted a white nun, as opposed to the final version of Jessica.
- According to shio, she noted to wac the confusion of having a sister as a character for a soul song, and how Jessica was nearly scrapped as the character at one point.
- Gotta Get My Groove On was included on pop'n music 5 CS as a pop'n music 6 preview song.
- Gotta Get My Groove On received a brand-new EX chart in pop'n music peace as part of the pop'n time trip (ポップンタイムトリップ) event. This chart could be unlocked from January 9th to February 19th, 2020 by filling out 2 stamps of the fourth Extra card.
- Gotta Get My Groove On's EX chart uses its HYPER chart's keysounds, filling with non-keysounded notes for the rest of the charts.
- Unlike the other charts for the song, Gotta Get My Groove On's EX chart uses Long pop-kuns and Highlight Zones.
Song Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
Beat'n Groovy difficulty rated from 1 to 8.
pop'n music difficulty rated from 1 to 43 through pop'n music 20 fantasia, and 1 to 50 from Sunny Park onwards. (Ratings from 9 onward obtained from the official Konami pop'n music pages. Notecounbts obtained from Pop'n Music Fever.)
|Notecounts / Long pop-kun||87 / 0||373 / 0||548 / 0||1099 / ?||212||372|
|pop'n music 6||4||18||27||-||※18||-|
|pop'n music 7||?||↑22||↑31||-||※18||-|
|pop'n music 9||↓6||22||31||-||10||18|
|pop'n music 10→20 fantasia||6||↓21||31||-||10||18|
|pop'n music Sunny Park→うさぎと猫と少年の夢||-||27||37||-||10||18|
|pop'n music peace→Present||-||27||37||46||10||18|
|pop'n music 5 CS||3||22||26||-||-||-|
|pop'n music 6 CS||4||18||27||-||-||-|
※ The notecount of this chart correspond to the later HYPER chart of Battle Mode.
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.