pop'n music (Wii)
This page is under construction.
|pop'n music Japanese CS releases|
|Sony PlayStation & PlayStation 2|
|1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11|
12 Iroha - 13 Carnival - 14 FEVER! - Best Hits!
|Animation Melody - Puzzle Dama - DISNEY TUNES|
|Sony PlayStation Portable|
|pop'n portable - pop'n portable 2|
|1 - 2 - 3 - 4|
|Nintendo GameBoy Color|
|GB pop'n - GB Animation Melody - GB DISNEY TUNES|
|pop'n Da!! - pop'n Be-Mouse - pop'n Lively|
|i-αppli - pop'n Wii - Utacchi - pop'n rhythmin|
|pop'n music foreign CS releases|
|Beat'n Groovy - pop'n music - pop'n rhythm|
pop'n mobile - pop'n mobile 2
- Release Date: November 10th, 2009
- American counterpart of ポップンミュージック.
- Downloadable Content via "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Pay & Play" service.
- Total songs: 40 (30 Licenses and 10 KONAMI originals), 50 (with Downloadable Content).
- Instead of using the regular pop'n controller set, you use the Wii Remote (right side) and Nunchuk (left side) to play.
- Move the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, respectively to the corresponding buttons, downwards to hit the Blue buttons, inwards to hit the central Red button and outwards to hit the Green buttons.
- 1 Player: Standard gameplay, using 5 buttons to play.
- Multi-Player: Up to four players can play (depending on the game):
- Pop'n Score Match: In this mode, players compete for the possible best point total.
- Pop'n Gimmick Battle: A battle royale-style match where players can use gimmicks to attack each other while trying to get the top score. To activate your gimmick attack, wait until, while playing, your hands glow, then swing the controllers.
- 2 Player pop'n music: This mode is the same as the 1 Player mode, but the Button Bar has expand to 9 buttons. As stated in the manual, "each player is responsible for his or her side" (4 each, the central button is shared).
- Activate! Pop'n Robot: Players move in unison to hit the buttons while aboard the Pop'n Robot (note: Gameplay is the same as in 1 Player.).
- Pop'n Busters: Using only your Wii Remotes, players play while defeating ghosts. As stated in the manual, "each player is responsible for the three buttons on the colored pentagon that matches his or her color." The title of the mode is a reference to the Ghostbusters series.
- How To Play: Tutorial stage.
- Options: Adjust the game's volume setting or view the Credits.
- Extra Content: Download extra content to expand your library, for 100 Wii points. There are 15 sets, 2 songs per set (note: You can only have up to five sets of Downloadable Content. However, once a set was purchased, it could be re-downloaded at no cost until the Wii Shop infrastructure was closed).
The following characters are selectable to play as. After selecting your character, you must select a stage to access the songlist:
The option to play as Mii characters becomes available when you obtain 40 points, in total, from playing. To access the Mii Selection, just click on the Mii icon in the Character Selection.
- Kids Party Room
- Haunted House
- Future Disk
- Sweets Stage
- Cutie LIVE House
- Special DJ Club
|Bad Day||Daniel Powter||License|
|Celebration||(Kool & the Gang)||Cover|
|It's Raining Men||The Weather Girls||License|
|My Life Would Suck Without You||Kelly Clarkson||License|
|We Are Family||(Sister Sledge)||Cover|
|Boogie Oogie Oogie||Taste Of Honey||License|
|Space Dog||Sana||KONAMI Original|
|It's My Life||(No Doubt)||Cover|
|This Fire||Franz Ferdiand||License|
|I Want You Back||Jackson 5||License|
|Take On Me||A-Ha||License|
|9 to 5||Dolly Parton||License|
|The Final Countdown||Europe||License|
|Everyone Have Fun Tonight||Wang Chung||License|
|Oops... I Did It Again!||(Britney Spears)||Cover|
|Enola Gay||OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark)||License|
|EURO PICCOLA||ELEKTEL||KONAMI Original|
|The Reflex||Duran Duran||License|
|Hangin' Tough||New Kids On The Block||License|
|The United States Of Whatever||Liam Lynch||License|
|Meikyoushisui||TOMOSUKE feat. Asaki||KONAMI Original|
|Ace of Spades '08||Motorhead||License|
|Come Clean||(Hilary Duff)||Cover|
|September||Earth Wind & Fire||License|
|Prince Charming||Adam and the Ants||License|
|Ska Ska No.4||Anettai Maji-SKA Bakudan||KONAMI Original|
|Echoes||Nekomata Master||KONAMI Original|
|Pump Up The Volume||M/A/R/R/S||License|
|Rock 'N' Roll High School||Ramones||License|
|Shamshir Dance||Zektbach||KONAMI Original|
Note: Due to the Wii Shop Channel closure on January 30th, 2019, none of the DLC sets can be purchased nor downloaded anymore.
- When you first start up pop'n music, you will be presented with an introduction/tutorial on how gameplay on the Wii works.
- Upon completing the tutorial, you will be able to select the other four modes.
- During the tutorial, POP-STEP-UP is played.
- Poet's halo was removed, mostly likely due to religious reasons.
- pop'n music Product Site (archived)
- ポップンミュージック @Wiki Information on ポップンミュージック, pop'n music & pop'n rhythm
- This article is a stub. You can help complete this page by filling in missing information and/or by correcting any errors.