pop'n music 3
|pop'n music arcade releases|
| 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 いろは - 13 カーニバル - 14 FEVER!|
15 ADVENTURE - 16 PARTY♪ - 17 THE MOVIE - 18 せんごく列伝
19 TUNE STREET - 20 fantasia - Sunny Park - ラピストリア - éclale
|pop'n stage - アニメロ - アニメロ2号 - MICKEY TUNES|
pop'n music 3
- Release date: September 17th, 1999
General Information / Changes
- New announcer replaces the one from the first two games. This announcer would be used through pop'n music 9.
- First pop'n music arcade game with HYPER charts. None of the new AC songs have them, though.
- First pop'n music game to keep track of your note combo.
- First pop'n music game with courses, which are only available to play in Hyper mode.
- Last pop'n music arcade version to run on BEMANI DJ-MAIN HARDWARE arcade system.
- Last pop'n music arcade version to thank the lead character designer of the game (INUCHIYO, in this case) on the title screen.
- The soundtrack for pop'n music 3 is the last one to combine both the arcade and the later CS songs from its PlayStation / Dreamcast counterpart on the same CD.
- The songs Bit of Love, LET ME FEEL SO HIGH, and ENDLESS SUMMER NUDE were not included on the pop'n music 3 OST due to licensing issues.
- Tsugumi Kataoka (Parquets, Butapunch), Atsushi Shindo, and Q-Mex make their debut in the series.
- Total number of songs: 48
- Producer: Koji Okamoto
- Co-producer: Yoshihito Kato
- Director: Ryo Komatsu
- Sound Director: Hiroshi Takeyasu
- Music Director: Nazo²Suzuki
- Sound Data Analyzers: Jun Wakita, Osamu Migitera, Tomoyuki Uchida
- Character Designer: INUCHIYO
- Programmer: Hideaki Kawashima
- CG Designer: P-CAT, INUCHIYO
- Graphic Designer Shima-Q
- Mechanical Engineer: Kaoru Watanabe
- Hardware Engineer: Keisuke Nozaki
- Special Thanks: Sugimoto Kiyotaka, Homrrine, shio
- Hyper (new mode)
Non-Rival Playable Characters
These characters don't belong to any specific song and are all playable from the get-go.
- Nyami 
- Mimi 
- Mary 
- the KING 
- SHOLLKEE 
Full Song List
|Genre (English)||Genre (Japanese)||Song Name||Artist||Character||9L Lv.||Hyper?|
|G-POP||ギターポップ||Take me to...||Sana||RIE♥chan ||10||-|
|EURODANCE||ユーロダンス||Bit of Love||Super Wink "fut" Ryo Arche Asakawa||Dia||13||-|
|SUMMER||サマー||ENDLESS SUMMER NUDE||真心ブラザーズ||JUDY ||9||-|
|MONDO||モンド||Little Robin's Drawer||Uncle Motchee||Cyber [3-DEBUT]||13||-|
|HEARTFUL||ハートフル||peppermint||ASAI PROJECT (Vo:M.Fujino)||Candy||14||-|
|PUNK||パンク||LET ME FEEL SO HIGH||Little Bitch.K2||Donna [3-DEBUT]||16||-|
|DANCEPOP||ダンスポップ||Till the end of time||Jullianne & Edison||Rave girl ||16||-|
|JUNGLE||ジャングル||LA LA LA||edison||Bamboo?||23||-|
|pop'n music 2 PS/DC transplants|
|CUTE||キュート||取り返してやる！～Again,My Lovely Day～||Akko's||AYA [3-DEBUT]||5||H|
|NEW WAVE||ニューウェーブ||Don't Disturb||Color Essence||AYA ||7||-|
|URBAN POP||アーバンポップ||Prism Heart||Sana||AYA ||8||H|
|LIVE||ライブ||Theme of staff roll ~special mix~||きまぐれポッパーズ||AYA ||11||-|
|AKIBA||アキバ||E.C.M.||PAPEHINA meets Haya-P||SHOLLKEE ||12||-|
|CANDY POP||キャンディポップ||Give me your pain||Haya-P & Maru||AYA ||13||-|
|NEW FOLK||ニューフォーク||走れブン！ブン！||わがまま7||AYA ||15||-|
|CLASSIC 2||クラシック２||R.C.||Waldeus von Dovjak||AYA ||18||H|
|J-GARAGE POP||Ｊ-ガラージポップ||Miracle Moon(お月様が中継局)||Togo Project feat. Sana||AYA ||17||-|
|SEXY GIRLS||セクシーガールズ||淋しくてLoneliness||ワンダース||AYA ||21||H|
|AVANTGARDE||アバンギャルド||Bee's Eye||Waldeus von Dovjak||AYA ||23||H|
|"Baby, I'm yours"||REGGAE|
|Electronic Fill||TECHNO POP|
|El Pais del sol||LATIN|
|FUNKY TOWN '75||DISCO KING|
|monde des songe||FANTASY|
|what i want||DISCO QUEEN|
Due to limited space in the early pop'n music games, similar to pop'n music 2, none of the original backgrounds or sprites from the first two games are re-used in this game, although some of songs from 1 (and all from 2) are in this one. Characters from pop'n music with no match-ups to pop'n 3 characters are replaced by SHOLLKEE, and pop'n music 2 characters who don't have match-ups with pop'n music 3 characters are replaced by ice, who made his debut in this game. Additionally, all pop'n music 1 PS/DC and pop'n music 2 PS/DC songs (except AKIBA) are represented exclusively by AYA, who comes in various colors for each song and made her debut in this game.
The Pop'n Music series has a long history of rejected characters. Some never saw the light of day, and some would later be used many years or mixes later. Character descriptions are taken from the official pop'n music 3 Botsu page. For the third game, these include
- Palette, a squirrel girl in the same clothing LingLing wears. Replaced by her.
- Maron, a quirky schoolgirl.
- Johne, a dog(?) wearing a purple jacket, green shorts, and grey shoes. Possibly the inspiration of Kobe for pop'n music 4 CS.
- Miki, a little, green-haired girl with two plushies to the left and right of her; the former looking like PRETTY, and the other a blue cat. Drawn up by p-cat for MAGICAL GIRL, but was replaced by Megumi. According to staff comments on the Botsu page, she's much more active than her.
- Yuka, who looks much like Megumi from pop'n music 3 but taller and has her hair in two long ponytails. She was created at roughly the same time as Megumi, but was dumped at the end for her.
- Kaede, a tall, fashionable-looking girl.
- Tina, a girl with brown hair originally designed for the song NEWCOMER. She was replaced by Kate, though the staff seemed to favor her over Kate.
- Tom, a spaceman, or possibly a robot. Originally made for the song MONDO under request of Hiroshi Takeyasu for a "space man" character, but was replaced by Cyber.
- Jhony, a cowboy with a hat that covers his eyes and a clover in his teeth. Originally made for SOUNDTRACK oddly enough, but was replaced by P-1&P-2.
- Bikky, a Native American-looking girl. Originally to be used as a non-rival character, but was scrapped.
- Ariel, a nun in purple robes. Possibly an early model for Jessica in pop'n music 6. Scrapped when they couldn't find a song to use her for.
- Tomoko, an average-looking girl in a hoodie, jeans, and a hat. Scrapped for being "too normal".
- Kevin (spelled "Kebin"), who was later put in pop'n music 5. Originally he was intended to be a girl; he was replaced by AYA.
- The Kaiser, a lion with a purple mane. The staff liked the character but never put him in any game.
- Dinos, a giant purple dinosaur who was said to be a relative of DiNO's. Never seen in any game.
- Koon, a punk chicken with human arms rejected for being "too tedious".
- Lucky, a punk mouse with no shirt.
- Yumi, a green-haired girl in a pink dress. Was the prototype for Donna and replaced by her because the staff liked Donna more.
- Ben, a fat, biker-looking guy with a hedgehog on a chain.
- Donna in an alternate costume consisting of a blue, sleeveless vest, yellow shorts, long, white socks, and black shoes. Originally designed as a character to take advantage of the ko-gal craze, a fashion fad in the late 90's in Japan among teenage girls.